Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen NMO-150 Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen NMO-150
Larsen NMO-150 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35 (Street Value)
Description: NMO 150 (2m)
Frequency: 144-174 MHz
Gain: 3dBd / 5.2dBi
Electrical: 5/8 wave
Height: 49"
Power Rating: 200 Watts
More info: http://www.radialllarsen.com

You can write your own review of the Larsen NMO-150.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2008 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Commercial grade  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used many mobile antennas over the years, from several different companies. But I have to rate the Larsen 5/8 wave at the top of the heap. It performs, it lasts for ever, and it's trouble free. There is an O ring in the base to seal it from even the harshest conditions, including the salt air, (I live on the Gulf coast of South Florida). It's truly commercial grade and just does not quit. What more can you ask?

KF4LYU Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2008 12:18 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my Larsen 150 for about 12 years now, got it when i first got my license.

it has performed flawlessly til this day, mine is mounted on the Larsen magnet base and the magnet base has a few cracks from the weather and such,, but non the less,,I cannot find any faults in this antenna, I am even amazed at some of the distant repeaters that i have worked with this antenna.

i recommend this antenna to all that is looking for an excellent antenna that wont break your billfold,,get it,,use it,,and enjoy it, you wont be dissapointed

KB3QKL Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2008 06:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed one of these on the top rear fender of my buddies car which really isn't the ideal spot but it was the most practical in this installation. Due to the the way the fender slopes out this caused the antenna to be slanted. We then tuned the antenna to 146Mhz (snipped a little over a half an inch) and then bent the antenna whip at the base until in was straight. Let me tell you that this was not easy. We then double checked the SWR. The bend had little effect. It is very flexable so it can take some abuse. I'm going to purchase one of these after seeing the performance of this antenna. Below are the results of what I consider a very flat SWR bandwidth measured by an MFJ-259 antenna analyzer.

144 - 1.3
145 - 1.2
146 - 1.1
147 - 1.2
148 - 1.3

NW2M Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2006 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Two antennas in one!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for years. A full 5/8 wave on 2M -plus- a 1/4 wave on 6M. I have run a full 50 watts on 2M and 100 watts on 6M without any problems. SWR is very low. It is a better antenna on 6M than single-band base loaded ones. I like the NMO mount and drilled the hole in the top of my mini van. IMHO, this is the only way to go for solid performance. It has been a reliable antenna- and I would buy another. This one does not want to wear out. Excellent value for the money.

K4DV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2006 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have operated the 5/8 Larsen for nearly 15 years and it has been exceptional. I have run it on a mag mount on top of my pickup and enjoy great service. It has been knocked off by birds, tree limbs, etc and dragged down the road a time or two before I could get stopped and it hasn't missed a lick. SWR still as good as day one.
The performance is top notch as well. I have compared it against several name brands as well as cheapo's and it comes out on top every time.
I have owned many styles of Larsen and they are all great antennas.

KK7NF Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2005 22:10 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this antenna for 10 years. It has held up perfectly the entire time, and still looks only lightly used. Even the original rubber o-ring is still going strong! Very flat SWR on several vehicles, both w/the mag mount and permanent mount. The pinnacle of 2 meter mobile antennas.

KD5GJE Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2005 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had to cut it down slightly (about 1/4 inch off) but it covers the whole 2M band in less than 1.5 SWR. In fact, I still don't have it tuned to the center of the band but at the bottom of the band I can't get my reflected power needle to move but at the top I get close to 1.5 SWR. Works great for me. I drive a taller truck so it hits everything and I have had it up there for about two years and no difference in tuning.

W2SNJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2005 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Great All Around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently deceided to start operating on 2m after being dormant for years. I had forgotton about the reliability I had with this antenna, almost 30 years ago. I deceided to give this antenna another try. I was as pleased with the results as I was years ago. In fact, the antenna outlasted the car it was mounted on. It is very well built. I live in a very rural part of TN. Sensitivity is only as good as the radio is capable of. It is trunk mounted with a Larsen trunk mount. There is no problem, with it, when driving at 70+ mph. When looking at the specs of an antenna, most manufacturers will give the gain in dBi, not dBd. Larsen displays theirs in both, dBd & dBi. If you're looking for a reliable single band antenna, that won't break the wallet, you won't go wrong with this one.