Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Larsen NMO-150 Help

Reviews Summary for Larsen NMO-150
Larsen NMO-150 Reviews: 25 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $35 (Street Value)
Description: NMO 150 (2m)
Frequency: 144-174 MHz
Gain: 3dBd / 5.2dBi
Electrical: 5/8 wave
Height: 49"
Power Rating: 200 Watts
More info: http://www.radialllarsen.com

You can write your own review of the Larsen NMO-150.

NW2M Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2006 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Two antennas in one!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this antenna for years. A full 5/8 wave on 2M -plus- a 1/4 wave on 6M. I have run a full 50 watts on 2M and 100 watts on 6M without any problems. SWR is very low. It is a better antenna on 6M than single-band base loaded ones. I like the NMO mount and drilled the hole in the top of my mini van. IMHO, this is the only way to go for solid performance. It has been a reliable antenna- and I would buy another. This one does not want to wear out. Excellent value for the money.

K4DV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2006 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have operated the 5/8 Larsen for nearly 15 years and it has been exceptional. I have run it on a mag mount on top of my pickup and enjoy great service. It has been knocked off by birds, tree limbs, etc and dragged down the road a time or two before I could get stopped and it hasn't missed a lick. SWR still as good as day one.
The performance is top notch as well. I have compared it against several name brands as well as cheapo's and it comes out on top every time.
I have owned many styles of Larsen and they are all great antennas.

KK7NF Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2005 22:10 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this antenna for 10 years. It has held up perfectly the entire time, and still looks only lightly used. Even the original rubber o-ring is still going strong! Very flat SWR on several vehicles, both w/the mag mount and permanent mount. The pinnacle of 2 meter mobile antennas.

KD5GJE Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2005 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had to cut it down slightly (about 1/4 inch off) but it covers the whole 2M band in less than 1.5 SWR. In fact, I still don't have it tuned to the center of the band but at the bottom of the band I can't get my reflected power needle to move but at the top I get close to 1.5 SWR. Works great for me. I drive a taller truck so it hits everything and I have had it up there for about two years and no difference in tuning.

W2SNJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2005 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Great All Around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently deceided to start operating on 2m after being dormant for years. I had forgotton about the reliability I had with this antenna, almost 30 years ago. I deceided to give this antenna another try. I was as pleased with the results as I was years ago. In fact, the antenna outlasted the car it was mounted on. It is very well built. I live in a very rural part of TN. Sensitivity is only as good as the radio is capable of. It is trunk mounted with a Larsen trunk mount. There is no problem, with it, when driving at 70+ mph. When looking at the specs of an antenna, most manufacturers will give the gain in dBi, not dBd. Larsen displays theirs in both, dBd & dBi. If you're looking for a reliable single band antenna, that won't break the wallet, you won't go wrong with this one.