Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | MFJ-1729 Dual band antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1729 Dual band antenna
MFJ-1729 Dual band  antenna Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $34.95
Description: MFJ's Power Gain is ham radio's most powerful dual band magnet mount mobile antenna!
It gives you outstanding gain on 440 MHz and 2 Meters. Low SWR lets you rig deliver full power safely. Get a whopping 2.6 dB gain on 2 Meters and 6.3 dB gain on 440 MHz.
Perfect for dual band mobiles or HTs. Free BNC handheld adapter. Handles 300 Watts PEP.
MFJ's exclusive 27 1/2 inch stainless steel SlimLineRadiator minimizes wind vibration for less SWR flutter -- gives you longer range and better readability. Includes 15 feet of coax with PL-259 connector, heavy duty magnet mount with scratch resistant rubber guard.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1729

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1729 Dual band antenna.

K1FBI Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2008 16:12 Send this review to a friend
You get MORE than you pay for!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After Super High un-tunable SWR with my Motorola antenna and another Comet antenna, I bought this antenna. I bought it based on the single review here on eHam; yes, even with the MFJ acronym! Well I pulled it out of the package and stuck it on my Toyota Camry....flat SWR over the entire band(1.1 to 1)even at 65 Watts out!
Great antenna+

KG0WX Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2005 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding performer, well built  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for 6 years now and it continues to impress me how well it works. I've ran it on the roof of my van, outside on a a/c unit, on a refrigerator, on a motorcycle and now I use a hustler radial kit and run it as a base antenna @ 20' agl.

The antenna, after 6 harsh years of use is now showing a bit of wear - the paint on the base is pealing a tiny bit but you don't see that on a 20' pole. I installed a ground lug and have it grounded to the Hustler radial kit.

Comparing it to my GP-6 @ 40' agl, it seems that MFJ's performance statements are dead on.

What more can I say? It works as advertised and is tough plus the price was right ($27.95 when I bought it new)

For once, an MFJ product that I'm not ashamed to own. Nice!

KG0WX