Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley Classic 36 Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley Classic 36
Mosley Classic 36 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1219.00
Description: 20-15-10 meter tri-bander
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com/

You can write your own review of the Mosley Classic 36.

N3XF Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2014 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Serious antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I put up a CL36 this summer at a new QTH I am building on Laurel Mountain, PA. The elevation is 2750 ASL and receives lots of snow, ice and wind. I looked into a variety of antennas but decided that the Mosley would be the most likely to survive the WX there. I owned a CL33 35 years ago and it worked well. The new beam is well built of top quality aluminum and I have been able to work everything I've heard on the first call without the linear hooked up. I am interested how it does this contest season.

K4CL Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2012 17:40 Send this review to a friend
Built  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just reading the reviews from the past on the CL 36. I have had the CL 36 up 55 feet since 1975. Yep, 1975. I have often wondered if I took it down and cleaned it up, how much better would it perform. Only need two countries and they are not on the air so it is still working great. It is really a well built antenna and a real performer. If you are able to find one at a good price and would be satisfied with only a Tri-Bander you can't go wrong. K4CL

NO2A Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2010 17:43 Send this review to a friend
Awlsome!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Our club station has one of these. I`ve put many miles on it. It`s been up many,many years,never a problem with it. Traps are high quality. Heavy duty rotor is a must. Mosley uses color coded elements for construction,antenna is easily tuned for ssb/cw part of bands with no measuring required. A true classic just like the name says.

W5TFW Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2010 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Thats CLASS !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I removed this antenna from a tower where it had been for about 20 YEARS ! brought it home, cleaned it up, replaced the rubbers, put it back in the air,
& its been going strong now for about 3 years.
Check MY DXCC totals. This antenna is GREAT !
Mosley, Thank you for the GREAT Antennas you bring to Amateur Radio.
Joey

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2009 19:43 Send this review to a friend
Wow!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This things is built to the hilt!!! Heavy guage aluminum all through the antenna, huge traps and heavy duty die cast aluminum boom to mast mounts! I got my CL-36 from a local OTe'r down the road from me that just moved into a new house and he couldn't take his tower and beam with him. My cousin and I removed the CL-36 and the HDBX 48 for him using a bucket truck, and in return he gave me the CL 36 for a "very reasonable price" along with a Drake TR-4CW and acessories! The antenna was used by him to get DXCC, WAS, WAC, and he used it on several nets on 20 meters. The CL 36 is well over 35 years old, (older than I am!) but if you saw it, it looks almost new!! Even most of the traps checked out good. I found one trap that goes on the reflector that has a cracked plastic insulator that the wire wraps around. It looks like he ran power at one time when the trap was either full of ice or rain casing it to short and crack. No biggie, as Mosley STILL handles parts for this old beast. The CL 36 is huge, weighing in at 70 lbs and well over 24' long. It is defintely not for the weak of heart or weak of mast or tower. Id' definetly install it at a minumum on a Rohn HDBX or equivalent. The beam also has a windload of at least 10 square foot so a Ham-4 rotator would be necessary. No Radio Shack rotators here!! Sometime I plan to install the Cl-36 in place of my tried and true Cushcraft A4, and finally have a yagi to be proud of!!!!!

N5GOD Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2005 21:44 Send this review to a friend
great tri-bander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my classic 36 because a freind of mine had one and he got great preformance out of it. I found mine used and got a bargain in it.
First the negitives:
1. If you are looking for an antenna that will go on 12 and 17 meters this antenna is not for you.
Positives:
1. I have owned this antenna for about 5 years now, and have not had any problems with the antenna at all.

2. It is rugged built.

3. It preforms very good. I can take it and very little power and talk most anywhere I can hear.

4. I find the traps does not affect the preformance of the antenna at all. No SWR problems.

5. If you can find one at a bargain, buy it. I really believe you'll like it.