Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | 2W0DAA 40m Dipole Help

Reviews Summary for 2W0DAA 40m Dipole
2W0DAA 40m Dipole Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 40 Meter Dipole Antenna/Aerial with Large Professional Quality Insulators.

Pre-tuned and cut for 40 Meters.

Will tune other bands also thru ATU

Heat Resistant 600v/1000v Insulated stranded copper, excellent Quality wire 14awg "westlake" ends heat sealed and crimped.

Weather proof Encapsulated dipole centre, Strong swivel nylon loop strains, can be used inverted V, Terminated in an SO239.

Hand Made by 2W0DAA in Wales & Tested on Air.

You can write your own review of the 2W0DAA 40m Dipole.

M1EZF Rating: 2/5 Aug 29, 2005 05:21 Send this review to a friend
2W0DAA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First thing I must comment on was the fast service. I ordered it at 4pm and it was with me at 9.30am the very next day.

The antenna was of good construction and I was very keen to try this out. I was activating a Lighthouse so this was the ideal opertunarty to compare the antenna next to others.

The location we used was right by the coast about 30 feet from the waters edge. The antenna was erected 40 feet ASL.

The Dipole tuned up perfect on 40m. It tuned up on 20m with the help of my Yaesu MK 5 internal ATU. The other bands it was too much for the internal ATU but an external ATU did the job. I tried working 40m as this was the band designed for and I was disapointed with its proformance, after trying the other bands the results was worse.

Using a G5RV next to it at the same hight as a comparison, there was about 3-4 S points difference in favor to the G5RV. I then tried a Carolina Windom 80 S and I was getting S1 on the Dipole and S9 on the Windom.

On TX the on air results were about the same, stations in Europe could hardly hear me running 100W using the Dipole but on the other antenna's everything was FB.

I tried changing the hight of the Dipole and the location and Coax feeder lenght. All this had no effect.

I guess this antenna just didnt work well for this location. Im not saying its rubbish because it might work better somewhere else. I enjoyed the Lighthouse weekend.