Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner
LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner Reviews: 73 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $179
Description: The return of the popular Z-11 in a Pro version with increased RF power capacity and more memories. 0.1 to 125 watts (100W on 6M). 8000 3-D memories store up to 4 antenna settings per frequency, SWR indicator, internal battery capable, latching relays, SSB tuning and 160 thru 6 meter coverage.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG Z-11Pro Memory Autotuner.

VE9SK Rating: 5/5 Aug 27, 2012 12:26 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought my second Z11 pro II and used it remotely at the base of a S9 43foot vertical during the recent Lighthouse/Lightship weekend at Swallowtail Lighthouse at Grand Manan Island in the Bay of Fundy. Worked as advertised, and had no problems with it whatsoever. Had it mounted in a weather proof box,along with a 9 to 1 UNUN, and fed power to it with 8 AA alkaline batteries. Used it on all bands from 80M to 10M....Flawless all the way.

K6XR Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2012 05:09 Send this review to a friend
fantastic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use a Carolina Window40 at 35 feet antenna. the LDG-z-11Pro tunes 40-6 meters in a flash. Hit the cw key or tune button on the radio and it clicks in a instant to 1:1 swr. A very good piece of gear for the ham shack. That is of course, on previously tuned memories. for a new freq usually less that 4 seconds has been my experience.

N0IHM Rating: 3/5 Jun 26, 2012 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Need to have Nifty card  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Got this for my first outboard auto tuner. Try to remember if you have it on manual or auto, and then be sure to watch lights, as they do their thing quickly. That's the only quick thing for me, half the time, as when I do a "new" frequency, it usually chatters for about 8-9 seconds, then finally stops with a 2 to 3:1 reading?? This is on a "store bought" 80-10 dipole. Same for homebrew 40m. Gonna re-read the manual again..and again...see if I missed something. May just use my manual Ten Tec inline.

G4REK Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2012 10:59 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD TUNER  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice easy to use tuner...bought it because my SGC auto tuner need too much rf to get it into life when using my green radio PRC 320 CLANSMAN.....

KJ6GED Rating: 0/5 Dec 18, 2011 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Cheap Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tuner just keeps on tuning even after manual tuning. Would not tune 11m antenna to 10m band, just keep making noise. I really can't understand why some of these company's claim to have a great product, but in actuality they sell garbage ie: LDG and MFJ. After I took it back for a refund I found a $35 Dentron JR Monitor on ebay, this thing will tune anything. I will never buy LDG again.

N0YK Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2011 15:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tuner!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this tuner in combination with a S9 31' vertical antenna. I put a large waterproof electrical box at the base of the antenna and a 12 volt power supply. I then used the LDG 1:1 balun and connected the antenna to the tuner. This setup is working amazingly well in my antenna strict neighborhood! I currently can tune 6m-75m without a problem and have good signal reports on all bands. I cannot tune 160m yet but I have a 4:1 balun to try and I'm sure this will bring the 160 meter world into play. I drive all this with a Icom 746 Pro, I start with low power (20w) then after the tuner find the match increase to full power and always get below a 1.5 to 1. It does take the tuner a few seconds to find a new match but stored matches are restored instantly on transmit. Very happy with the combination and LDG was super about answering my questions before buying.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2011 19:00 Send this review to a friend
Great simple auto-tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've operated this tuner with the FT-857D and FT-817ND portable and it has always worked flawlessly. I recently sent away for the upgrade IC (cheap upgrade!) and find that it tunes faster with a variety of portable verticals and dipoles. I just love this rugged, fast, quick autotuner !

Bob KK8ZZ

N2LK Rating: 3/5 Jun 28, 2011 03:35 Send this review to a friend
OK but power limited  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The tuner works as advertised but watch your power output!! I burnt up a toroid using 30 watts PSK on 80 meters with a homemade 43ft. veritcal. LDG was GREAT in repairing and sending back no charge..

Unfortunately I smoked it again on 17 meters digital....low power too..not as bad this time so I will keep it in case I ever go portoble with low power one day.

The advertised 125 watt power capability applies maybe for short duration cw and ssb, but for digi modes keep that power below 25 watts and you will be fine.

For me, I just finished a very robust homebrew T tuner and no problems at 100 watts.

VA3KAI Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2011 22:16 Send this review to a friend
Works very well inc. contesting calling CQ  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought it primarily for portable contesting use for HF and 6M using my 100' inverted-vee wire antenna fed with 300 ohm twin lead, 1:1 choke balun and a short 8' length of coax. Solid auto-matches <1.5:1 each time after initially working my way up each band (80M thru 6M, including all WARC bands), on low power before QRO operating. I use car booster pack with 12V cigarette plugs for both my LDG Z-11 Pro II tuner and my Hamgadgets auto-keyer. Recently during FD, it stretched our club 80-40-20-15 fan/trapped dipole to full bandwidth across 80-6M FD bands (although I couldn't get it to match on 160M). Always grounded to radio and a ground rod of some kind. Works quite well, with minimal heat build-up, even when holding a contest frequency for 45-60 mins using full 100W -- works as advertised. I'm very happy with my purchase and got a free, promotional LDG balun to boot!

NO9E Rating: 4/5 Jun 27, 2011 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good but not for running  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner pretty much matches everything. Two things to look for.

1. It searches for match endlessly when the voltage is < 8.2 V. With built-in 6 AA batteries, this is half-full (or half empty). No low-battery warnings.

2. Works well in casual QSOs or S&P but easily overheats when running in a contest.