Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch Help

Reviews Summary for LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch
LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $79
Description: Four position smart switch. Handles up 1500 watts (1000 watts on 6M). Hot switching prevented. Radio sense automatically grounds all positions when radio is turned off. Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 MHz. 12 volt operation. Optional remote control head.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch.

KU2US Rating: 4/5 Apr 29, 2010 04:05 Send this review to a friend
ALL GONE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own a DTS-4. It works pretty good, but according to their website, all coax switches have been discontinued! a shame.

K1MZM Rating: 4/5 Apr 28, 2010 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two DTS-4 switches which I use to switch 4 rigs into 3 antennas and a dummy load. After 2 years of use, one of the relays failed in one of the switches, and I wrote to LDG asking if I could purchase a replacement relay even though the switches were no longer in production. Within 24 hours I received a reply asking me for my address so they could send a replacement--without charge! A few days later, two replacement relays arrived in the mail.

I regard this as truly superior customer service. LDG can count on my business in the future. I highly recommend them as the sort of enterprise we should all support.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2009 23:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it in reverse to switch an FT-2000, K3 and FRG-100 to my main antenna or dummy load used in conjunction with a Daiwa CX-201 coax switch. It does all it is supposed to do with the push of a button. I have always had good service from LDG, having owned 3 antenna tuners from them.

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2009 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this switch! It's used in my shack in the *backwards* mode to switch between 3 transceivers and my antenna. Works perfectly. I also tapped into the logic, added a din connector on the back panel and now when I switch rigs a homebrew box can switch speakers, key lines, and serial ports. Great product. When I put up some more antennas this summer I plan to install the DTS-6.

VE3EN Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2008 15:48 Send this review to a friend
Sweet !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this switch to use as a rig switch instead of an antenna switch, although i did originally use as an antenna switch however i now have two of them. One for antenna switch and the other for radio switch.

I have owned the first one for over a year now and it still works as good as day one. It looks nice, bright red LED light is flashy, and it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Cannot go wrong with this product.

WP4SM Rating: 2/5 Oct 5, 2007 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Both units failed.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought both the DTS-4 and DTS-4R.The 4R failed within weeks of purchase, emails to LDG were promptly answered, but as someone else said...they passed me off to the dealer. This was a new product at the time and I would have thought they would liked to have it back but seemed to care little, anyway I put the 4R in the junk pile and carried on. Last week the #1 position failed on the DTS-4. I am looking for a new antenna switch unit now and LDG will not be in the running. Nice idea but should last a little longer!

WP4SM, Coamo PR

PD9RAY Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2007 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was searching for a "design" switch, because i find the "normal"switches like the Daiwa cs-201 just plain UGLY.
I use the dts-4 the other way around ( to switch between three tranceivers on 1 antenna) and altough it can handle less power in that mode, it works like I expected.
The unit is very nice,and works perfect.
I got it via Classic-International, a shop in Roermond (the Netherlands), They have a good customer service, and the knowledge to serve your needs.
They ship worldwide, so...., but for shure, if your Dutch, please consider them next time when you do your research for your next purchase, they diserve your business.
I drove up there, from Spijkenisse, and got all the tech support i needed, plus a short tour around the shop, and i was threated like a customer, not as dirt.

Ray,
PD9RAY

K8BRN Rating: 1/5 Jul 6, 2007 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Great concept....Poor results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After all the cables were re-routed and the power cord hooked up the unit came on and seemed to function fine. While reading the manual to make sure of how to use this unit I heard a click and the receiver seemed to go dead. Antenna position #1 ceased to function while all the others worked fine. I called LDG and ran a couple of tests to verify the unit had became defective after less than 10 minutes of use. They said I could send it back at my expense for repair or call the dealer. I called R & L Electronics and they offered the same, send it back at my expense and when they verified it was defective they would ship a new unit. I don't know how others would feel but I'm very dissatisfied with the product and customer service from the Manufacturer and dealer. The concept was great but the product didn't perform.

GI4SJQ Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2007 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Does what it says on the tin  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all
I have two of the 4 way LDG switchs about a month now. I use them th switch 3 radios to 2 antennas at present. Internal and external construction is as normal for ldg - Very Good. The paint finish and lettering is good and clear and matches my Palstar AT1KBAL.
The switches fuction well and I am very pleased with them. Now all the cables are out of sight and its easy to tell which radio is going to which antenna.

Well done LDG.

K3BOY Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2007 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Well made and works great.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the DTS-4R set(coax switch box plus remote box) and am more than pleased. I use the switch in reverse, meaning rather than using it to switch between 4 antennas, I use it to switch between 4 transceivers. With the remote box, you can keep the coax cables away from the operating position on your desk. The construction of the device is superb.