Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch Help

Reviews Summary for LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch
LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $79
Description: Four position smart switch. Handles up 1500 watts (1000 watts on 6M). Hot switching prevented. Radio sense automatically grounds all positions when radio is turned off. Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 MHz. 12 volt operation. Optional remote control head.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the LDG DTS-4 Desktop Antenna Switch.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2007 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Sweet Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a four position and a six position coax switch from LDG, and I can now use four antennas on six rigs all with the push of a button. How sweet is that. As with other LDG products the quality and finish are excellent. I am currently using these switches without the remote, but will purchase the remotes in the event I change the configuration of the shack. Used in conjunction with the LDG AT-200Pro auto tuner, I have solved all my switching problems.

I recommend LDG products fo their innovation, quality and finish.

KX8V Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2006 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Only one word "GREAT"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is the best antenna switch I have ever owned. The price is competive and the quality is top of the line. I will buy another for the VHF side.

Vic
KX8V

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2006 20:35 Send this review to a friend
Good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I installed two of these antenna switches with the remotes back in January 2006. The installation was very easy and the remote controllers allowed me to keep the coaxial cables down near the entry point into my shack. I use one for the HF side of my IC756Pro and the other one for the 6 meter side. I operate an Ameritron ALS600 amplifier on HF with a 450 watt output. I have not experienced any problem with increased SWR or power loss.

It is very easy to switch the antenna by pushing a button which will then light confirming the selection. One nice feature is grounding the coaxial inputs by pressing the third and fourth buttons at the same time or removing the 12VDC power to the switch. The other nice feature is the radio sense mode which will automatically disconnect all four coaxial connections when the radio is powered off.

I have a LDG AT1000 Autotuner that was installed several years ago and have not had a problem with it. I was looking for a way to remotely switch antennas reducing the amount of coaxial cables running behind my station. Because of my experience with the AT1000 and LDG, I decided to implement this solution. This replaced two Alpha-Delta switches mounted to the wall above my station.

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2006 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Unit works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had this switch for a week so, my comments are based on limited experience. The installation is easy, it is compact and will definitely handle legal limit. The instructions are clear and concise. I also have the DTS-4R remote control to install but that will involve rerouting all of my coax lines. That won't be until there is a noisy night on Topband with no DX to work HI. I was prompted to purchase this unit because of my positive experience using the LDG TW-1.