Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MultiPSK Help

Reviews Summary for MultiPSK
MultiPSK Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $FreeWare
Description: Multi-mode software program for PSK, RTTY, and many other soundcard modes.

You can write your own review of the MultiPSK.

G4DWV Rating: 2/5 Sep 12, 2014 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Bleeding eyes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot really comment on how well the program itself works as the interface is the worst EVER! It is so busy that it will make your eyes bleed. To make matters worse, in many places the text does not fit in the buttons. And it is not freeware - not that that would be any excuse.

AC4R Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for JT65  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great. I use multipsk for JT65 as it prints the weakest signals . A small learning curve, but I give it a Strong 5.

AC4R

PA3ERE Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2013 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Works great.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Maybe not the prettiest but works great and even very weak signals are copied without a problem..

Chapeau Patrick!

Hans PA3ERE

K9OHI Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2013 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Not pretty, but . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
You want pretty, look elsewhere. You want the "Swiss Army Knife" of digital mode software, you're in the right place. Does it all and does it well. Only other software I routinely use is JT65-HF cause I like JT Alert and the interface with DXKeeper. But MultiPSK is still my go-to program for the other modes, especially the more esoteric and infrequently used ones. I'm glad the developer continues to spend his time writing good, tight code rather than wasting time on a "cool" user interface.

OE1MWW Rating: 2/5 Sep 15, 2013 09:36 Send this review to a friend
well done code - UGLY user interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried MultiPSK because it was referenced in a forum.

Software has definitely the most and maybe the best implementation of all modes we use on Ham bands.

Rating 2 means 'Needs help'. Maybe one of the french speaking Hams can help Patrick to come up with a
user interface that does not drive my mother in law out of the shack.

Unbelievable - fonts bigger than buttons, buttons misaligned, captions ins buttons sometimes centered,
sometimes left or right adjusted.
Setup screen is like 'hell' - takes one minutes to find what you are looking for.

Why is this guy doing this - and writing perfect code at the same time?

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Ugly but Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Reg. user...have been using for 5 or 6 years I guess, maybe longer. It is ugly but works great and has almost any mode you could ever want. Patrick is always adding new modes/features.
Someone down the list said Packet was only USB/LSB,,,Not sure what he was talking about,,I use
it all the time on VHF/FM and it will also work as
a "KISS" TNC, so can be used with RMS Express and other programs that need a KISS TNC.

My 3 cents---
Trip - KT4WO

NI6Z Rating: 4/5 Mar 21, 2012 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Not Pretty, But Gets the job done better than most other apps.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of this software since its initial launch.. Tried Everything else and always return. Registered user, I like the professional modes.
For NBEMS ops, I do use Fldigi because of the message handling apps..

Reminds me of a girl that use to live down the block, Uncomfortable at first, Not real pretty, But BOY was she Fun..

73 de NI6Z Carl

AD2Q Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2012 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Good Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
MULTIPSK has several features that I think are better than the competition: the program gives a list of the calls that were uploaded to pskreporter, the tune function, the world map, and interfacing directly with DXKeeper logging program. The MULTIPSK interface is actually very easy to use. When a mode is selected, the other menu items associated with that mode appear. This is often faster to use than a pull-down menu. For example, it is very easy and quick to change olivia modes. MULTIPSK has the upload to eQSL.cc function, which I use all the time. MULTIPSK performs well and also has the "professional modes". MULTIPSK has perhaps the best CW decoder.

IW7CDL Rating: 0/5 Jan 5, 2012 18:23 Send this review to a friend
UGLY!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ugly software written in Visual Basic. Nothing good but the idea.
- HUGE BOLD fonts which barely fits the buttons.
- Weird configuration interface can't be more confusing.
- Impossible to understand what's going on.
- Scattered buttons everywhere in the software causing big confusion.
- PACKET+APRS mode accept USB/LSB modes ONLY!
- Popup windows for almost every button you push.
- Non-sense configuration windows.

AWFUL!!!!

K2RS Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2010 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Top-notch digital program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only been using it for a week or so, but so far MultiPSK has been great. It handles everything from PSK to Olivia to Ale to RTTY and CW. And it does it with ease.

Is the user interface ugly? Perhaps so. It's certainly not the sleek-looking interface that other digital programs have. But to judge MultiPSK on looks alone is a big mistake. Software snobs who blow it off because of its less-refined user interface are missing out .. . but that's their problem.

Not being a power user, I was a little intimidated at first by the overwhelming feeling of the user interface, but I found that it's not difficult to use at all. The program's config process is quite simple, with a minimal number of settings required to get going. I was up and running right away on PSK and RTTY.

My main interest was MultiPSK's claim that it "automatically" interfaces with the DXLab software suite. After having problems with most digital programs that claim to be compatible with DXLab, I was skeptical. But MultiPSK lives up to its claims. It automatically (and easily) interfaces with Commander, DXKeeper and SpotCollector. Just launch the DXLab programs and you're good to go. MultiPSK automatically detects and connects with Spot Collector. To connect with Commander, you just hit the "Commander" button in the MultiPSK window and you're connected to the DXLab rig control program. Couldn't be easier. To log contacts in DXKeeper, hit the "DXKeeper" button in the MultiPSK window. It's that easy.

As soon as I launched MultiPSK for the first time I was able to make PSK and RTTY contacts via my SignaLink USB interface. MultiPSK offers a couple of different ways to tune in RTTY signals that instantly put you on the right frequency, ready to work the station immediately.

I've only used a small portion of the capabilities MultiPSK offers, but it has worked well from the get-go. I'm pleased with the way it performs. As for the controversial user interface, the more I use it, the less intimidating it becomes. In fact, it's charming in its own way -- sorta like the homely girl who somehow always seems to have a date.

After some disappointments with other digital programs that boast compatibility with DXLab, I'm quite happy with MultiPSK. So far, it's worked flawlessly here. That's more than I can say for its competition.

Jack K2RS