Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MultiPSK Help

Reviews Summary for MultiPSK
MultiPSK Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $FreeWare
Description: Multi-mode software program for PSK, RTTY, and many other soundcard modes.

You can write your own review of the MultiPSK.

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2014 15:24 Send this review to a friend
For the price...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a user of at least 10 years..maybe more...and yes...I paid after a few years.

I will be the 1st one to say the GUI is.....well...not the best. As for support?..join the yahoo group and you get GREAT support..not just from users but the author.

If you can find a SINGLE piece of software that will do what MPSK does for FREE...then use it....but you want...I don't care what anyone says...there is no other software out there that does what it does...FLDigi is GREAT...I use it everyday.... BUT...it does NOT have all the modes that MSPK does. If you think MPSK is hard to setup...try PCALE.

KT4WO

W7UFX Rating: 2/5 Dec 29, 2014 08:35 Send this review to a friend
No support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Functionally, the software works well. I am using an SDR dongle with my Alienware computer, so there are a couple commercial modes that I can't get to work (ACARS and AIS). AIS not working is understandable; I'm sure my sound card is over processing the signal, preventing it from being decoded properly. Overall it works well enough for me to want to purchase the license, but the developer does not answer emails. No customer support from him, no financial support from me. The "2" rating is mostly because of that. I will keep looking for other programs that decode the commercial modes.

WB4M Rating: 4/5 Dec 23, 2014 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Looks awful, works great.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used MultiPSK off and on over the years. It will operate on just about any digital mode you wish, except JT-9. It's one of the few, maybe the only program that will run JT-65 and also PSK and RTTY modes. Most modes are those that are seldom, if ever, used. Decoding is great, the program interfaces with other loggers, and is quite feature rich; a lot to learn and experiment with. Complaining about the look is NOT being picky or whiny, it is a valid criticism! The screen has very tiny buttons, some almost as small as my cursor pointer, making them hard to see and find. The button labels must use a very small font in order for the label to fit the button! Running the program at full screen helps somewhat. Plus, there is that moldy-green overall color! There is no LoTW or eQSL support. I think many more people would use the program if it just looked better. I'm normally one to prefer functionality over looks but in this case.. ugh. I'd give it a 5 otherwise; it is still a very good program. There are regular updates and registering it ($) will open up even more functions.

WE1X Rating: 0/5 Dec 23, 2014 09:26 Send this review to a friend
The Dog's Breakfast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Anyone experienced in building software for a user community knows the end user experience will often define how well that software is received. It dosen't matter whether it''s intended for professionals or hobbyists or even how well it works. If the user experience is crummy the software will be regarded the same way. MultiPSK is a perfect example of this. Little thought has gone into its GUI, configuration tool, etc.. Too much effort is required to navigate the software while downing headache pain relievers to bother with it. Especially given there are far better applications out there. Having attempted to use MultiPSK twice all I can say is it's amateurish at best.

W5NM Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2014 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Super  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a bunch of picky whiners... MultiPsk is one of the best free multimode digital software packages available. Get over the way it looks and USE IT. It works great and is one of my main go to programs. Thanks so much to Patrick for all his work and making the software available to all for free.....

WT8L Rating: 2/5 Dec 23, 2014 05:57 Send this review to a friend
What a disaster!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The user interface is a mess! Sorry, not worth wading through when other available programs will provide the same functionality...

G4DWV Rating: 2/5 Sep 12, 2014 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Bleeding eyes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot really comment on how well the program itself works as the interface is the worst EVER! It is so busy that it will make your eyes bleed. To make matters worse, in many places the text does not fit in the buttons. And it is not freeware - not that that would be any excuse.

AC4R Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2014 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for JT65  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great. I use multipsk for JT65 as it prints the weakest signals . A small learning curve, but I give it a Strong 5.

AC4R

PA3ERE Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2013 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Works great.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Maybe not the prettiest but works great and even very weak signals are copied without a problem..

Chapeau Patrick!

Hans PA3ERE

K9OHI Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2013 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Not pretty, but . . .  Time owned: more than 12 months
You want pretty, look elsewhere. You want the "Swiss Army Knife" of digital mode software, you're in the right place. Does it all and does it well. Only other software I routinely use is JT65-HF cause I like JT Alert and the interface with DXKeeper. But MultiPSK is still my go-to program for the other modes, especially the more esoteric and infrequently used ones. I'm glad the developer continues to spend his time writing good, tight code rather than wasting time on a "cool" user interface.