Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MultiPSK Help

Reviews Summary for MultiPSK
MultiPSK Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $FreeWare
Description: Multi-mode software program for PSK, RTTY, and many other soundcard modes.

You can write your own review of the MultiPSK.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2009 15:17 Send this review to a friend
#1 choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really don't care what the API looks like as long as the application gets the job done. I have found Multipsk to do a better job decoding PSK31 and RTTY than several other very popular software apps, and NOBODY has more modes! Lately Patrick F6CTE has been at the forefront of the RS ID, which is in the software. Helps to identify which mode your're looking at. I have had fun with the Hell modes thanks to Multipsk, and it's nice to be able to decide what mode to use 'on the fly' - they're all in there. I did have problems with my old PC(400 MHz Pentium) choking on MT63 while using Multipsk, but not with the original MT63 program itself... more processor overhead, I assume...but with a newer PC it hasn't even thought of being an issue. Patrick is always working on new modes and better performance, and 'Clock' is bundled with Multipsk - after registering the software you can synchronize your PC clock from WWVB, CHU, WWV, etc. - nice for portable ops where you don't have Internet. Great software, great price, great work Patrick!

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2009 11:04 Send this review to a friend
works ok for me..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I didnt have any problems with the interface. I will agree it is a bit "busy" but it works ok and yes it has LOTS of modes not available anywhere else in one package. And since its free it is great!

W0GSK Rating: 2/5 Nov 7, 2009 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Worst interface on earth!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it and as soon I a ran it and saw the user interface, I deleted it. I don't care how many modes it does, I wouldn't use it if I was getting paid.

The user interface is a total joke and seems designed to make using the program as annoying and difficult as possible.

AA8X Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2009 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding software!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great program and always works well. The software is always updated to keep it cutting edge. Easy to setup and use with every digital mode I use in one program. I have never found a better software package for digital work.

N3GGT Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2009 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Fun and easy to use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using version 3.5 and like it. It does everything i want it to do. For a free program you can't beat it. Once you get used to it, its fine. In PSK31 after i call a cq I go right into panoramic to see who answers. Just double click on their text and you're on their frequency and ready to transmit. Take the time to experiment with it, you'll be glad you did.

AC0X Rating: 3/5 Dec 12, 2008 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Lots of modes - and lots of buttons  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
MultiPsk really is the EVERY mode multi mode program. Pretty much every mode used on amateur radio you can do through a sound card is there. But that interface.. OY that interface. One big illogical and REALLY poorly thought out layout of buttons. If you can hold your nose and learn to put up with that, you have access to a real swiss army knife of multi-mode programs. But if your time or your need for Well-Designed-Software-Interfaces won't let you, then you'll probably look elsewhere.

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Dec 1, 2008 13:22 Send this review to a friend
A bit busy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works great...lots of modes..easy to use.
BUT the main screen is just way to busy for me....Have used them all over the years. I am now trying of FLDIGI..so far so good.

Dan

KE7VZW Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2008 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Multi-Mode Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Multi-PSK is a five star program, hands down.

It is not too hard on the processor, performs exactly as it should and gives access to MANY operating modes to the user.

Some have complained that the interface is cluttered.... it is actually more typical of a scientific app in that many of the variables and modes are available all on the main screen. I prefer this type of layout, and hope they never dumb it down and hide it all in maddening menus.

There is a learning curve, and you must pay close attention to learn every feature available on every window display.... but it's well worth it. This is a scientific hobby after all?

I use it alongside FLDigi depending on what I'm up to. MultiPSK, FLDigi and the MM suite of apps are all i'll ever need....

Oh yeah, the HF-Fax ability is the cherry on top of this MultiPSK sundae. Try it, you'll like it!

Five Stars.

KE7VZW

W5VFO Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2008 09:29 Send this review to a friend
I like MultiPSK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have all the digital software and keep coming back to MultiPSK. Very versatile and lots of digital capabilities. Yes, a bit cluttered, but still great digital software.

KG4RUL Rating: 3/5 Sep 15, 2008 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Not my Favorite  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used Digipan, MixW, MultiPSK, HRD with DM780, PSK31 Deluxe and WinPsk. I personally found the MultiPSK screen was way too cluttered for my taste. Additionally, I found that I almost never had the need to monitor multiple data streams simultaneously. I finally went back to MixW and am still using it.