Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MultiPSK Help

Reviews Summary for MultiPSK
MultiPSK Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $FreeWare
Description: Multi-mode software program for PSK, RTTY, and many other soundcard modes.

You can write your own review of the MultiPSK.

OE1MWW Rating: 2/5 Sep 15, 2013 09:36 Send this review to a friend
well done code - UGLY user interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried MultiPSK because it was referenced in a forum.

Software has definitely the most and maybe the best implementation of all modes we use on Ham bands.

Rating 2 means 'Needs help'. Maybe one of the french speaking Hams can help Patrick to come up with a
user interface that does not drive my mother in law out of the shack.

Unbelievable - fonts bigger than buttons, buttons misaligned, captions ins buttons sometimes centered,
sometimes left or right adjusted.
Setup screen is like 'hell' - takes one minutes to find what you are looking for.

Why is this guy doing this - and writing perfect code at the same time?

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2012 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Ugly but Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Reg. user...have been using for 5 or 6 years I guess, maybe longer. It is ugly but works great and has almost any mode you could ever want. Patrick is always adding new modes/features.
Someone down the list said Packet was only USB/LSB,,,Not sure what he was talking about,,I use
it all the time on VHF/FM and it will also work as
a "KISS" TNC, so can be used with RMS Express and other programs that need a KISS TNC.

My 3 cents---
Trip - KT4WO

NI6Z Rating: 4/5 Mar 21, 2012 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Not Pretty, But Gets the job done better than most other apps.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a user of this software since its initial launch.. Tried Everything else and always return. Registered user, I like the professional modes.
For NBEMS ops, I do use Fldigi because of the message handling apps..

Reminds me of a girl that use to live down the block, Uncomfortable at first, Not real pretty, But BOY was she Fun..

73 de NI6Z Carl

AD2Q Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2012 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Good Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
MULTIPSK has several features that I think are better than the competition: the program gives a list of the calls that were uploaded to pskreporter, the tune function, the world map, and interfacing directly with DXKeeper logging program. The MULTIPSK interface is actually very easy to use. When a mode is selected, the other menu items associated with that mode appear. This is often faster to use than a pull-down menu. For example, it is very easy and quick to change olivia modes. MULTIPSK has the upload to eQSL.cc function, which I use all the time. MULTIPSK performs well and also has the "professional modes". MULTIPSK has perhaps the best CW decoder.

IW7CDL Rating: 0/5 Jan 5, 2012 18:23 Send this review to a friend
UGLY!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ugly software written in Visual Basic. Nothing good but the idea.
- HUGE BOLD fonts which barely fits the buttons.
- Weird configuration interface can't be more confusing.
- Impossible to understand what's going on.
- Scattered buttons everywhere in the software causing big confusion.
- PACKET+APRS mode accept USB/LSB modes ONLY!
- Popup windows for almost every button you push.
- Non-sense configuration windows.

AWFUL!!!!

K2RS Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2010 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Top-notch digital program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only been using it for a week or so, but so far MultiPSK has been great. It handles everything from PSK to Olivia to Ale to RTTY and CW. And it does it with ease.

Is the user interface ugly? Perhaps so. It's certainly not the sleek-looking interface that other digital programs have. But to judge MultiPSK on looks alone is a big mistake. Software snobs who blow it off because of its less-refined user interface are missing out .. . but that's their problem.

Not being a power user, I was a little intimidated at first by the overwhelming feeling of the user interface, but I found that it's not difficult to use at all. The program's config process is quite simple, with a minimal number of settings required to get going. I was up and running right away on PSK and RTTY.

My main interest was MultiPSK's claim that it "automatically" interfaces with the DXLab software suite. After having problems with most digital programs that claim to be compatible with DXLab, I was skeptical. But MultiPSK lives up to its claims. It automatically (and easily) interfaces with Commander, DXKeeper and SpotCollector. Just launch the DXLab programs and you're good to go. MultiPSK automatically detects and connects with Spot Collector. To connect with Commander, you just hit the "Commander" button in the MultiPSK window and you're connected to the DXLab rig control program. Couldn't be easier. To log contacts in DXKeeper, hit the "DXKeeper" button in the MultiPSK window. It's that easy.

As soon as I launched MultiPSK for the first time I was able to make PSK and RTTY contacts via my SignaLink USB interface. MultiPSK offers a couple of different ways to tune in RTTY signals that instantly put you on the right frequency, ready to work the station immediately.

I've only used a small portion of the capabilities MultiPSK offers, but it has worked well from the get-go. I'm pleased with the way it performs. As for the controversial user interface, the more I use it, the less intimidating it becomes. In fact, it's charming in its own way -- sorta like the homely girl who somehow always seems to have a date.

After some disappointments with other digital programs that boast compatibility with DXLab, I'm quite happy with MultiPSK. So far, it's worked flawlessly here. That's more than I can say for its competition.

Jack K2RS

STAYVERTICAL Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2010 00:53 Send this review to a friend
Vive la Multipsk  Time owned: more than 12 months
This program is just one of a suite of programs I use on digimodes operation. The interface is different, but quite good, once you get used to it.
This program is a very good performer. I use this program when I really need to depend on IMD readings or decode those signals in the noise. I registered my copy as it is in the fore-front of digital modes, and you can rely on Patrick keeping it there. He also quickly and politely answers questions.

Some people are not used to the interface, but speaking from experience, if you get over the unfamiliar look (we are all conditioned to windows) it makes sense and is very easy to navigate quickly. What you will gain is a great program for running digital modes (and decoding some commercial modes). You won't be caught out without that "exotic" mode your contact asks you to run.

K7NG Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2009 15:17 Send this review to a friend
#1 choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I really don't care what the API looks like as long as the application gets the job done. I have found Multipsk to do a better job decoding PSK31 and RTTY than several other very popular software apps, and NOBODY has more modes! Lately Patrick F6CTE has been at the forefront of the RS ID, which is in the software. Helps to identify which mode your're looking at. I have had fun with the Hell modes thanks to Multipsk, and it's nice to be able to decide what mode to use 'on the fly' - they're all in there. I did have problems with my old PC(400 MHz Pentium) choking on MT63 while using Multipsk, but not with the original MT63 program itself... more processor overhead, I assume...but with a newer PC it hasn't even thought of being an issue. Patrick is always working on new modes and better performance, and 'Clock' is bundled with Multipsk - after registering the software you can synchronize your PC clock from WWVB, CHU, WWV, etc. - nice for portable ops where you don't have Internet. Great software, great price, great work Patrick!

N0FPE Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2009 11:04 Send this review to a friend
works ok for me..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I didnt have any problems with the interface. I will agree it is a bit "busy" but it works ok and yes it has LOTS of modes not available anywhere else in one package. And since its free it is great!

W0GSK Rating: 2/5 Nov 7, 2009 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Worst interface on earth!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed it and as soon I a ran it and saw the user interface, I deleted it. I don't care how many modes it does, I wouldn't use it if I was getting paid.

The user interface is a total joke and seems designed to make using the program as annoying and difficult as possible.