Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MultiPSK Help

Reviews Summary for MultiPSK
MultiPSK Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $FreeWare
Description: Multi-mode software program for PSK, RTTY, and many other soundcard modes.

You can write your own review of the MultiPSK.

KG4RUL Rating: 3/5 Sep 15, 2008 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Not my Favorite  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used Digipan, MixW, MultiPSK, HRD with DM780, PSK31 Deluxe and WinPsk. I personally found the MultiPSK screen was way too cluttered for my taste. Additionally, I found that I almost never had the need to monitor multiple data streams simultaneously. I finally went back to MixW and am still using it.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2008 04:25 Send this review to a friend
still come back  Time owned: more than 12 months
i tried Digipan,Mixw PSK31 deluxe and WinPsk and other software driven digital mode packages and still come back to MultiPsk.

DL9NEF Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2008 01:23 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
To say it in one sentence: This excellent piece of software simply outperformes all of its competitors by far in almost every respect!

Now using V 4.10 and I am still overwhelmed by the more and more new gimmicks and additional features Patrick packs into this program with every new version. Patrick replies very fast, dependable and pleasant on queries. Very commendable!

The decoding-capabilities are top-notch! Compared MultiPSK to many other software like MixW, CWGet, JVComm, HRD....even when you add all the capabilities and features of all of the competitors: They do not perform the way and do not offer all of the features MultiPSK does!

Until I discovered MultiPSK, the Thono Theta 5000 Hardware did the CW-decoding-job the best - much better than CWGet or MixW. But MultiPSK does it better! And now (V4.10) with a pleasant AFC-function.

MultiPSK offers: BPSK (31, 63, 125, 250), QPSK (31, 63, 125, 250), FEC31, PSK10, MT63, CHIP, PSKF63F, PSKAM (10, 31, 50), PSK220F, CW, CCW, QRSS, Packet, APRS, Amtor FEC, Navtex, ASCII, RTTY, Amtor ARQ, Pactor 1, Domino F, DominoEX, ThrobX, THROB, MFSK16, MFSK8, PAX/PAX2, DTMF, 141A, ALE400, Olivia, Contestia, RTTYM, JT65, VOICE, HF-FAX, SSTV, FM HELL, PSK H, FELD HELL, HELL 80 plus some professional modes (Sitor A, GMDSS, 1382, ACARS VHF, DGPS, SYNOP), analysis tools and filters.
A lot to play with, donīt you agree?

MultiPSK offers accessorily to its unequalled abundance of digimodes a very fine logbook, TRX-control, TCP/IP-remote control and...and...check it out and be astonished.

The appearance on the screen takes, to be honest, getting used to. But donīt give up to early. After some time working with the program you will like its performance. I never had any problems running the soft on any Windows-PC. It works even with a 66 MHz-486 PC (you remember?). Start with one mode to work with and discover the rest by and by.

Youīll like it, I promise.

KE4SMY Rating: 4/5 Aug 25, 2008 11:02 Send this review to a friend
I like this program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I said I like this program. It's receive modes are better than any I have seen and its range of modes covers just about everything. But it is not user friendly when you want to transmit. Either press the Esc key to transmit your text or mouse click on a TX button to send. Depending on how you do it, it might remain in the transmit mode after sending your text. Then you have to mouse click the RX button or press Ctrl Shift - Delete after your message. It would be better if you could just press the Enter key after typing your text to send and then after sending the test it would auto return to receive mode. But other than this I really like the program and there is nothing else out there with all the features this one has. Its GUI could stand a little design upgrade but once you figure out were everything is you get used to it.

HB9ARI Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2008 22:46 Send this review to a friend
like a swiss knife!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using Digipan or Mixw for PSK31,
i was interested to try other digital modes.
I do some receiving tests with Pactor1 and Olivia
and i was agreeably surprised by the decoding performances of Multipsk.
As said by an other OM, i appreciate to have so much modes "under the hand", for this reason, it's really like (or better as?) a Swiss (army) knife!
73 qro, Rudolf

NE4EB Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2008 18:41 Send this review to a friend
UGLY  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If this software was a car, I would not take a girl on a date in it. I also would only drive it where my friend's couldn't see me in it.

That being said, it's a wonderful piece of software that does it's job very well. It's truly a one-stop-shop for the digital ham. The learning curve is a little stiff for lazy hams like me, but oh well.

Perhaps the author could be convinced to do some "body work".

KB2HSH Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2008 17:34 Send this review to a friend
Nice solid performer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Much like the Pontiac Aztek...you'll either love MultiPSK or hate it. At first, the UI IS very confusing. The first time I tried it, I gave up on it after about an hour. However...I recently decided to try it again, and I am glad I did.

Strengths:
-can do JT65A, B, and C (thanks to inclusion of WSJT software
-can do "soundcard" Packet/APRS WITHOUT needing AGWPE, a definite plus for SLOW PCs
-one of very few packages to include Olivia or ALE400
-HIGHLY customizable
-built in logging software

Weaknesses:
-its looks could be improved upon...

I enjoy the ability to quickly switch from JT65, for instance, and jump a few KHz down and work a station calling CQ with Hellschreiber. Or...a quick jaunt up to 14.230 for some SSTV. This software literally is better than a Swiss Army Knife.

KB4TXW Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2008 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with most others, the GUI is very cluttered and ugly. After reading the reviews here I was hesitant to give it a try but finally gave in. At first glance it looks like a total mess and overwhelming. But after using it for a few days, the GUI becomes a little less confusing and settings are relatively easy. The performance of this program is stellar! This thing will dig out signals I can barely hear and no movement of the S meter, and that is using a 40 meter dipole at about 25 ft. It will do just about any mode you want and some you don't care about, and to top it off it's free! I tried all the other available multi-mode programs and this is by far the best one I have seen in terms of performance. Setup was also a breeze. I simply adjusted the audio settings and I was copying signals right away unlike MixW which I never got to work right. Give it a try, take time to get used to the overloaded interface, try a few modes and you will love the results.

KE5CAX Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2007 19:29 Send this review to a friend
A1 Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
the GUI may be clunky but I think it should not change, it has a character about it. I don't use anything else any more. this has just about any mode you want. easy to play with new modes and try them out.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2007 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Just Darn good!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Use it everyday. works great. love the exotic modes! Lets play Olivia!!!!

Dan