Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Panasonic RF 2200 Help

Reviews Summary for Panasonic RF 2200
Panasonic RF 2200 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $160.00
Description: AM/FM/SW Portable

You can write your own review of the Panasonic RF 2200.

KC0EKQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 22:28 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE to my previous review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since my last review of the 2200, I have acquired and put through its paces the hard to find RD 9820 MW/SW Antenna Coupler.

The combination of the RF2200 and the RD9820 takes an already fantastic receiver to an even greater level of performance.

The RD9820 was designed for the RF2200 (though it is a passive tuner/coupler and will work with just about any receiver), and the matched set looks beautiful, especially if you are a vintage transistor era junkie like me.

But it performs as beautifully as it looks, and especially on the SW bands, bringing weak signals into presence, often with full quieting. It has inputs for balanced and unbalanced lines, and both high and low impedance outputs to best match your receiver's requirements.

With this combination, I wish I could give the Panasonic RF2200 a 6. Sensational.

WA2E Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2015 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Great rig!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these. The first one I took to work as I often worked in unfinished new construction and the silence was deafening. Eventually it showed so I bought a 2nd one to keep in the house. I believe the beat up one is in my attic but the 2nd is in use everyday. It sits in my bedroom with the speaker line run out to the bathroom with a pot on the wall to control volume. I really like these radios. There are more technical reviews so I figured I'd just say I use it and love it. Purchased circa '83. It looks cool too.

Mike

KB0XR Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2008 04:36 Send this review to a friend
Still my favorite  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my RF 2200 for just about 30 years now. Still performs as new. I also have the RD 9820 antenna tuner. It's a great combination and I use it almost daily.

NIGE Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2008 05:19 Send this review to a friend
Top performer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this radio after researching on the net.Love it's audio, and reception is great on all bands.Most recommended to any radio enthusiasts.
Have many radios and this is 1 of my favorites.

W8GTX Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2005 01:19 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding AM/FM broadcast DXing machine!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If your looking for a good solid AM/FM broadcast receiver this should be on your list! The analog dial on mine is spot on in accuracy. Reception of AM & FM signals is what really shines from this radio. I have many consumer multiband portable radios from the 60s 70s and 80s and for AM/FM DXing this one is at the top. It's SW reception is no better or worse when compared to other high end portables such as the Zenith Trans Oceanic.

This radio is noted as one of the best by AM BC DXers around the WEB. So I bought one recently just to see what all the hoopla is about and I must say, I agree. Sound quality is not only good, but excellent from this portable. Performance wise both sensitivity & selectivity our outstanding for a radio of this type and this is on both AM/FM BC bands. The Gyro loop stick antenna for AM on this rig really helps in nulling strong signals from weaker ones. Also this radio doesn't suffer from "noise" on the AM band like many portables do. It reminds me of an automotive radio, low noise with high sensitivity. Another asset is the AM BC band is evenly spread out from bottom to top in 20-kc increments.
FM is again, an attribute. Very sensitive yet very selective.

Consider this for your radio dollar if you're looking for an excellent AM/FM DXing machine.