Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | RoMac Automatic CW Identifier Help

Reviews Summary for RoMac Automatic CW Identifier
RoMac Automatic CW Identifier Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: RoMac Software announces a new CW Voice ID'er. It utilizes your present computer's sound card to automatically send your call sign in CW to ensure proper identification of your station. Compatible with most commercially manufactured rig interfaces, such as the RigBlaster from West Mountain Radio.

You can write your own review of the RoMac Automatic CW Identifier.

W1BG Rating: 4/5 Jul 18, 2015 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Nice addition  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like others, I got this to stop clock-watching during rag chews. The pulser is a definite plus. The program options allow you to set it up to give you a simple audio alert through your sound card or optionally key your rig (CW). For modern rigs offering USB interfaces and CAT/CIV control the program can also switch your rig into CW mode, offset the transmitter frequency (so the CW ID can be heard on the SSB frequency) and then return your rig back to SSB mode and return back to the original frequency. All very nice, but beware that there are some phone operators who find your CW annoying & may object (a few louder than others). I gave the program a rating of "4" because I have had occasional recurring problems with the speed of the CW ID randomly changing on its own and occasional truncated ID's (where the program abruptly switches the rig back to SSB mode before completing the full ID, but then leaving you on the offset frequency. Still & all I find a good value and would likely buy it again.
KE4ZHN Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2009 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Nice application  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got tired of constantly having to watch the clock to ID every 10 min. This little application is worth the cost. I mainly got it for the IDer but the pulser is very nice to have and easy on your tubes. Since I already had a soundcard interface connected to my rig this program was a breeze to set up. I like the adjust ability and the option of being able to easily change your callsign if you ever decide to. The tone adjust ability is also nice so it doesnt irritate the other hams in your round table rag chews. I considered getting an ID8 which is a very nice identifier, but this program does all I need for much less cost. If your rig is already set up for digital, this little app is hard to beat and it saves you from clock watching OO's with no life.
AI5E Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2008 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the best CW ID software that I have used. I bought it for the ID but was really surpised at how great the Pulser works. If you buy it I think you will also think it is a great value.