Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver
ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $39.00
Description: Program your radio like a pro with Windows programming software for amateur radios and receivers by RT Systems.

Includes:
Windows based programmer for the FT-60
CT-29A (9-pin serial to 3.5mm stereo computer interface cable)
CT-28A (4-pin adapter for radios with single speaker/mic jack)
More info: http://www.cloningsoftware.com/

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver.

KC8YEC Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2010 11:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the FT60 for several years now. Just never got around to ordering the software. I downloaded other software and also purchased an off brand cable. No dice. It didn't find the com port, all I kept getting ERROR. The ADMS-1J came and what a difference. The CD is full size now. The cable and USB connection are top notch. Well made. I didn't do any updates, just ran the software. Everything works great. Highly recommended.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2008 17:38 Send this review to a friend
never a hiccup  Time owned: more than 12 months
I DOWNLOADED the software from RT Systems. I made my own cable from information available on the web. Built at least a half of a dozen different files for different uses. Loaded and reloaded all of them repeatedly into the FT-60 without so much as a hiccup and the need warrented. AND THEN cloned a couple of friends radios to boot and no problems there either. Program works perfectly. I have no complaints of any kind. I do not know anything abt the factory made cables as I always build my own

KJ4ADN Rating: 1/5 Dec 23, 2008 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Deprogrammed radios  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I thought this would be the solution for simple, quick programming of multiple HTs.

Right out of the box, the TTL cable was bad. No problem, a couple of weeks later, with some follow up phone calls - IE. "OK we agree the cable is BAD, how do I get it replaced?!" One showed up, the new, improved version, no adapter needed to interface with the FT-60's socket. Great... now I can get down to it.

My radios had been CLONED by another member of CERT (Community Emergency Response Team), and some of the data was incorrect, tones, offsets - just needed a few additions & corrections.

Downloaded the data, "hey, that's neat, everything on a simple to use spreadsheet!" (It seemed worth the wait...) I made my changes and went to upload. ERROR! Wouldn't take it...?! Several attempts, and finally success - everything looked good.

Next radio - no such luck. Same radio, purchased the same time, but the program said there was a hardware compatibility issue...? Over the next 2 hours, I tried everything, printed out the spreadsheet, downloaded from the 2nd radio, edited, tried to upload, downloaded from radio #1 & upload to radio #2 - it would not work.

"...OK, I'll just CLONE it with a CLONE cable... What's this???! Everything has been wiped out of the radio! It's not just wiped clean, it's totally wiped clean!"

Maybe it was just the radio... So I plugged in radio #3 - and basically repeated the same result.

Back to radio #1... Yep, upload and download, no problem. Wonderful, now I have 2 deprogrammed non-functioning radios.

End result - put it all back in the box, and circular filed the cable & CD - wrote it off as a $40 mistake. We did manage to restore the other 2 radios, but not with this software/cable. Save your $40 and just program it the tried and true method - it won't kill you and might spare you a real headache.

VK5HCF Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2008 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Computer to radio programming interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this product in order to take the pain out of programming the FT-60 manually.
The program worked exactly as advertised and makes setting the memories and banks an absolute breeze. I used a maxton RPC-Y1-U cable and it all worked flawlessy. Very pleasing result

K1LJF Rating: 4/5 Jan 30, 2007 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the programming software along with the cables and serial/USB adapter this week. It arrived promptly and was up and running within 10 minutes. I transferred the radio's memory to my computer, made a few additions to the file, and transferred the file back to the radio. It all went smoothly. I have not yet figured out how to export a file to Excel, modify it there, and reimport the file to the radio, but I'm sure I'll get there. (The saved .csv file won't reimport to the programming software.)

By the way, to update an earlier review, RT Systems now ships all its software on full size CDs.

KD7OUN Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2007 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Follow the directions and it works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a pretty impressive package.

I followed the directions, installed the program on my computer, entered data, then followed the directions to clone. It all worked. It even found my com port.

Everything was pretty easy. Just make sure to save your data entered.

I am recommending this software to some fellow HAMís.

K6MTT Rating: 2/5 Dec 3, 2006 11:43 Send this review to a friend
RT Systems = Barely Adequate  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The usual RT Systems software - the engine was written years ago it seems, and they simply modify it for whatever new radio comes along.

It's annoyingly hard to use, but it does work.

Why is it that commercial ham software is so miserably backwards? The concept of editing one line by putting up a dialog box is so 1990's.

WX2NJ Rating: 3/5 Sep 18, 2006 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Convenient Program  Time owned: more than 12 months
The program works as advertised. What I didn't like about the software is that it is shipped on a small CD and not all computers will read small CD's. If you attempt to copy the program to a full size CD, the install will fail because the serial number is tied to the install media. This stinks. I wanted to keep this program on my older IBM laptop and I cannot.

KE7CYT Rating: 4/5 May 20, 2006 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Works well with 1 bug (so far)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll be concise: ADMS-1J works well, but in case you want to export a radio data file in tab-separated format, edit it, and then import the file then get this: Tone Mode settings are exported as "Enc (Tone)". If you import a file with that setting, then ADMS-1J will not read them correctly. So in your editor (or spreadsheet) change all occurances of "Enc (Tone)" to Enc and it'll work correctly.

KK4DW Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2006 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Documentation sucks but it does appear to work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just installed the software for my new FT-60R and also downloaded the update patch for it off of their website as instructed. I then keyed in all the Orlando VHF and UHF repeaters and followed the instructions to download them to the HT. Everything seems to work as God intended it to. My only criticism is that the instruction sheet that comes with the software left a Helluva lot unsaid and unillustrated and for whatever reason, the FT-60R Operating Manual didn't have any mention of this software programming either ???? That is totally inexcusable. I thank my technical and engineering and computer experience for me being able to follow the yellow brick road but I am afraid less experienced hobbyists will find it a bit challenging and intimidating.