Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver
ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver Reviews: 12 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $39.00
Description: Program your radio like a pro with Windows programming software for amateur radios and receivers by RT Systems.

Includes:
Windows based programmer for the FT-60
CT-29A (9-pin serial to 3.5mm stereo computer interface cable)
CT-28A (4-pin adapter for radios with single speaker/mic jack)
More info: http://www.cloningsoftware.com/

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1J for the Yaesu FT-60 FM Transceiver.

KI6BN Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2006 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Slick program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the FT60 for a year before I realized there was a cloning program like the ADMS-1J available. It is one of the slickest programs I've ever worked with. It does everything advertised with ease. In one evening I was able to program 200 ham & scanner frequencies into the FT60 along with the cooresponding splits, tones, modes, and names for every channel. Most of the time spent was compiling all the entries I wanted to make. Entering them was a snap. Uplaoding was flawless.

KU7PDX Rating: 3/5 Sep 19, 2005 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Works for Basic Programming  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my ham ticket and choose the FT-60 as my first radio, well to help with programming I decided to get the recommended cable and software which happens to be the ADMS-1J at HRO.

Well, I sat down for the first time and installed the software and added some repeaters and went to transmit it and then it stated that it didn't recognize the hardware... I thought it was a strange error, but I did some Google searching and found that I needed to transmit from the HT to the software before it would recognize it?! That still doesn't make any sense but worked like a champ.

Yesterday, I found out that a new software update was available for it and after reading the release notes, I decided that it would be a good idea to download it. After installing the update, I went to make some changes to my list of repeaters and found that no matter what I did, it wouldn't send the data to the HT. I cleared the memory on my HT and sent the data to the software and verified that worked, then I turned around and transmitted it back to the HT, no problems... Then I tried to send my original file, same error. Well, I ended up having to copy each line to the new blank file and then it sent the data without any issues.

This brought up a design flaw. When copying data from one window to the other, I could only copy it one line at a time. I could highlight multiple lines and select Copy, but when I went to aste, it would only Paste the first line I highlighted.

Overall, the software has given me a better idea of the features and functions of my radio. But, there is definitely a lack of QA testing as a file problem like what I had should have been identified in regular testing.

By the way, I usually don't bother upgrading unless I have a problem with the software, but the release notes stated that there was an error that could cause the FT-60 to spontaneously reset to all defaults, something I didn't want to risk happening.