Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | Klonda K-939 Help

Reviews Summary for Klonda K-939
Klonda  K-939 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $14.99
Description: A Multi-band radio (FM, AM/MW, and SW) that has a digital display with analog tuning knob. This radio can be found on eBay and is made in Hong Kong.

You can write your own review of the Klonda K-939.

K8JHR Rating: 3/5 Jul 10, 2012 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Wel... er... um.... just OK... considering...  Time owned: more than 12 months
OK, I paid something like $12 for this little gem... and it performs up to the price. Awful SW reception, and lousy AM reception... but, Heck, what did I expect for the price? A little Grundig or Eton for a bit more money is a better bet, and will get you way better reception - especially on the SW bands, but this will pick up SOME really strong stations. Awful audio quality. I am afraid I was really disappointed with this one. I give it a 3 only because it performs like a $12 SW radio... but my recommendation is to spend more and get more.

Happy trails and good DX to ya. / K8JHR /

N2ZXE Rating: 4/5 Jan 11, 2008 18:44 Send this review to a friend
Inexpensive Receiver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased this receiver to have an inexpensive shortwave receiver when I'm traveling abroad. I usually stay in pensions or B&B you do not have the convenience of cable tv. Trying to decipher broadcast in an unfamiliar language can be a chore (I'm fluent in Spanish and English, anything else is unfamiliar ;) ).

The radio works pretty well for the price and the receive sensitivity is pretty good. I have heard many foreign broadcast and in many cases at full quieting. However, I was able to compare it with a YB 205 and it managed to keep up, although the YB had clearly better reception. The reason that I'm giving it a 4 is because:

1. Clock stopped working, it reset back to midnight when I turned the radio on. Maybe is an internal battery problem. I have not put too much thought into it.

2. Radio does not keep your AM/FM pre-set. It starts on FM every time you turn it on. It would've been nice to keep AM or FM.

3. High/Low switch... I'm still trying to figure out what it is used other than controlling the squelch level.

4. I have not experience pollution from the FM bands into SW, but I sometimes wonder if there is inter modulation between different shortwave bands, specially on strong signals.

Otherwise is a good looking radio with solid feeling and for the low price, it certainly meets its intended objective as an inexpensive travel radio.

BLACKKNIGHT Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2005 15:22 Send this review to a friend
A Great Cheap Shortwave Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got this radio off eBay for $15 and it was a great investment. It is better than my Grundig Mini World 100 PE because it can receive more & better SW signals,has a battery and DC 3V adaptor power,has a tone switich to change the tone level of broadcasts, has a tuning indicator, and it has a digital display to precisely tune to stations. There is one flaw. Depending on where you live, one can expect interference from FM stations on the SW band, especially in crowded areas. The cause of this may be from the hi sensitivity feature. The further distance away from cities, the better. Moving around different places in your home (like near windows) may reduce or eliminate the FM interference Overall, it is a great radio and a great buy if you want to tune into a precise frequency.