Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Ameritron AT-102 Tuning Pulser II Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron AT-102 Tuning Pulser II
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: Allows tuning of your linear amplifier with lower duty cycle thus saving wear/tear on tubes and increasing linearity.
More info: http://www.ameritron.com/man/pdf/ATP-102.pdf

You can write your own review of the Ameritron AT-102 Tuning Pulser II.

W7KOL Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2013 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my 102 tuner pulser for about 5 years. I would not tune an amp with out it. I could not find in the manual how many watts drive to drive it so I called Ameritron and they told me 90 watts would be find. Be careful though, some exciters at 90 watts can be too high so just back down the drive and you will be fine. I can tune my AL80-B and AL 811-H in about 5 seconds to full power.

W9GDH Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2009 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Must have  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Would not tuneup amp without it. Works like a dream on my AL-80B.

W7RJR Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2005 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This device is designed to help save your tubes during tuneup and to allow you to properly tune your amplifier for maximum linearity. It is similar in function to other pulser devices on the market that utilize the keyer circuitry in the CW mode to generate a keyed pulse. This particular model seems well constructed, comes with a potentiometer varying the pulse rate and duty cycle, a carrier tune pushbutton and a pulse tune pushbutton. It's powered by an internal 9VDC battery and comes with a cable that has a male RCA jack on each end.

Installation of such a simple device was made frustrating in the unit I received because the cable had an OPEN in the shield. Once corrected, the tuneup procedure was ultra-simple and seemed to provide the promised results. Not sure how many modern transceivers come with an RCA jack for keyer input. One caveat is that many modern transceivers come with a KEYER built in. For what should be obvious reasons the unit will not drive a keyer so you must find a straight key input. On my IC 756Pro I had to disable the internal keyer so that I could get this device to work.

It seems to work well for the money spent and will hopefully make tuning my amplifier (AL-811) a bit less of a chore.