Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Kenwood KES-5 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood KES-5
Kenwood KES-5 Reviews: 15 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $45.00
Description: Commercial grade External Speaker

You can write your own review of the Kenwood KES-5.

K0BX Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2008 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 2 years ago I bought an Icom IC-756PROIII for my shack. It works very well but I needed a speaker for it. The matching speakers cost too much money. At a Hamfest I pickup the Kenwood KES-5 from two-way dealer for $15.00. All I can say is WOW! 1st, no RF feedback in the speaker even at a KW. 2nd the color, black, matched my PROIII, and 3rd it sounded very good. A real pleasure to listen to. It is a heavy speaker, about 3 pounds, which means it can handle a lot of power. So at the PROIII audio level there is no distortion.
I would recommend this speaker to who doesn't have to have a matching speaker and wants good communications audio.

K0BX Joe

K8GLD Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2008 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Best Speaker I've Every Owned  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had just about every mobile speaker that has been out on the market in recent years, everything from Radio Shack (both amplified and non-amplified), Motorola, ICOM, etc. and the Kenwood KES-5 has been the absolute best overall for mobile use. I am currently using it along with my ICOM IC-2820H mobile for D-Star use. I have purchased several of these and am keeping them in the boxes until I need them as HRO no longer carries this in stock. The only downside, and it's not really a downside for some is that you must install you're own connector for whatever radio you're using.

K3EKO Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2007 02:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
You won't regret buying this one! In fact, buy two while you're at it!

Frank K3EKO

KI4GAQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2005 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Speaker  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Attended the Dayton Hamfest 05, purchased a Kenwood TS480SAT and Kenwood through the speaker in free, WHAT A TREMENDOUS SPEAKER!!! Great sound.

WW1LP Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2005 03:14 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned all kinds of external speakers in my day. This is by far the best. I was at Lentini Communications the other day and was looking to by a new speaker for my FT-8800 and Alex sudgested this one,as soon as I picked up the box I could tell this was a quality product.The speaker weighs almost three pounds. It's made of quality ABS plastic and comes with a fully adjustable metal mounting bracket complete with all the hardware. I have this mounted on my rear deck of my sedan and have plenty of audio to spare, this speaker blows away everything. I was so impressed I bought another one for my 706mkg.