Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Zero-Five Antennas 40m verticals Help

Reviews Summary for Zero-Five Antennas 40m verticals
Zero-Five Antennas 40m verticals Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $299.00
Description: high quality aluminum verticals and replated hardware
More info: http://www.zerofive-antennas.com

You can write your own review of the Zero-Five Antennas 40m verticals.

K4CHD Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2017 03:52 Send this review to a friend
Best Buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Second purchase from Tom at Zero Five. Always a pleasant experience. I believe the quality has even improved since I last purchased some 10 years ago. The antenna works better than I expected. 1.3 SWR top to bottom of the band. No tuner needed. The real plus is its performance on 15 meters too.
Thought that 15 was dead but I have worked stations there as well. A really nice antenna for this winter and the coming sun spot minimum.

KC5RR Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2016 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Happy Camper Here  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I reviewed various mono-band verticals, and decided to go with the Zero-Five. I am very pleased with the quality and performance. I just have 16 radials down, with 16 ready to install in the next week or so. Tonight I talked with Bandi, from Indonesia, an area of the world that is tough for this Texas boy to reach. I highly recommend this vertical.

N2JNZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2013 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Just incredible !!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the ARRL DX INTERNATIONAL and had a INCREDIBLE time !!!! 304 Qs , 141 multipliers , for a claimed score of 128,592. 50 countries on 40 meters , 46 countries on 20 meters and 45 countries on 15 meters.I've had the antenna for 5 years and never had a problem. Very well built and I also can tune 80-10 without and external unum. Running QRP here 99% of the time so a great antenna is essential !!! Thanks Tom !!!

KK7XE Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2012 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Best Vertical On Market  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have written before on Zero Five products, but was time for another review. I, by a bad choice, sold my last vertical, thinking I wanted to go another way with antennas. Must be part of what happens to some of us once getting a license. Buying and selling. Well, it was a mistake and yesterday, Saturday, got my new 40 meter vertical back where it belongs and am enjoying once again, a great antenna. Love that it tunes the full 40 meter band with a very usuable SWR 1.5:1 Hard to beat not using a tuner. That's from the CW portion all the way through 7.300 Another very user friendly thing I most appreciate, is the fold over mount. I just lowered it as we are expecting some severe thunder storms this evening and it's quite nice not to leave a large lightning rod up. About 2 minutes and down and safe. Does it work? Yes, very well and considering that I am not, on acreage, and it sits near our steel garage, it works great. I like having an omni directional antenna that hears very well, and transmits equally as well. When no storms are near by, it sits and hold up very well as our winds of 40 and 50 mph seem to have no effect on it. I do have 30 radials, in a variety of lengths from 30 to 50' limited by the layout of our lot. Want a good, well built vertical, buy a Zero Five. One more important note, Tom is very nice to deal with, and will help with any questions.

WA1APX Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2010 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality, Survivability, Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had three of the Zero Five 1/4 wave 40 Meter verticals up-ground mounted in a triangle for about 4 years. They have been through severe S.E. Michigan wind and ice storms which resulted in power outages throughout the area. I did have the little so-239 connector on one of them let go... A call to Tom and Priority Mail to my house with arrival in 2 days. Antennas are very high quality and survivable. 2 of the verticals are run phased and have 80 40 meter radials each. Performance is exceptional. Lots of good stateside and DX ragchews. The antenna gurus will say that log book entries do not indicate antenna performance... I usually work with 700 watts on 40 meter SSB and have an excellent signal footprint. The log shows DX contacts from all continents. I have 11 QRP VK stations-10 with the 4 letter suffix in the log. One of the VKs had a dipole at 80' (big trees?) and 6 watts. He was a Q5/S4. I secured my amp and went back to him with 16 watts SSB. We ragchewed for just over 16 minutes. This was a phased pair of the Zero Five 40 meter verticals and the good radial system. My review is long overdue and I am very proud to have the Zero Five Verticals as my primary antenna. Ground mount, put the radials down or elevate with radials. See you on 40 meters SSB. 73's de Bill, WA1APX/8

N2JNZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2010 04:43 Send this review to a friend
2010 CQ WW CW !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a great time with CW this weekend !!! 134 contacts on 40 meters with 100 watts. Used a keyboard (sorry guys Iím just not a 35 WPM with my bug yet) Got some good ones !!!
C5A
OD5NJ
6V7Y
VK1CC
ZM1A

and my favorite ........ A73A , QATAR !!!

Kenwood TS 930s , 100 watts to a ZeroFive 40 meters vertical , 60-12 ft radials , K1EL keyer. The antenna was great as usual out all my QSOs only had repeats on 3 !!!

KK7XE Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2010 17:57 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About a month and a half ago I orderd the antenna from Tom, and just yesterday was able to install it. Between snow, wind and rain here in Central Montana, never thought I would have it up. I was just going to use it for 40 meters, but remembering that I had received a UNUN for a gift, decided to add that and use it for an all band antenna. I also made a change from using any type of braid for the ground side to using 2" wide copper strap. Big difference with less noise than my previous installation. Does it work? Yes, and very well. If I hear them, I can work them. The antenna sits just a few feet from our steel garage and that has not seemed to have had any ill effects on the antenna's performance. I usually run about 75 watts from my Icom 7200 and am enjoying the new installation very much. No, it's not a beam, but with our very small lot, it out performs my OCF Dipole hands down. Also must not neglect Tom, the owner of Zero Five. Great to talk with and always very quick to respond to emails. I appreciate the time he takes in explaining things and his willingness to help you any way he can. He is a good example of how people should be treated when doing business. Would I buy another antenna from him, without a doubt, and have a future purchase already planned.

N2QQF Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2010 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Quality & Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the 40 meter 1/4 wave vertical from Tom and I must say this was superior to the quality of my DX-Engineering vertical which is no slouch either. I had a 43ft multi-band vertical by DX-Engineering which work very good for me, no complaints but I decided to try Zero five for my new 40 meter mono-band 1/4 wave vertical and I am super pleased. The Quality and thickness of the antenna mount, base and aluminum is far beyond my expectations or anything else I have used. Tom uses solid aluminum that is QUALITY material all around.

The performance of the antenna is also very very good. The antenna performs as advertised and works very well with the 20- 65' ground radials I had down. I uses legal limit without a tuner all the way through with a match of 1:1 - 1:4 being the highest on the entire band. I purchased this antenna with the idea of phasing the two together for 40 meter phased verticals. I recently changed my radial system to an elevated radial system and I am very happy with the results. I have been experimenting with raised radials and they seem to be working better than my 20 ground radials so we shall see....anyhow, You certainly can not go wrong with any of Tom Zero Five lines.

W5RIM Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2009 08:47 Send this review to a friend
GREAT GREAT GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
JUST BOUGHT THE SECOND VERTICAL FROM TOM.GREAT PERSON TO WORK WITH,ANTENNA IS FIRST RATE.I LIVE IN A RESTRICTED ANTENNA LOCATION,HAD TO TAKE MY HEX BEAMS DOWN.HEARD ABOUT THE ZERO 5 ANTENNA AND DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY. I MOUNTED THE 20 METER VERT ON MY JEEP WRANGLER WITH A TIPPER MOUNT. WORKS FABULOUS,VERY PLEASED,BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS. LOVE IT TRY ONE YOU WILL TOO

N2JNZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2009 11:03 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST !!!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sunday today and I've been working the ARRL DX INT CW as QRP , single-op ,
40 meters only .............

93Qs , 55 countries with only 5 watts , NO TUNER.

Examples .......... 4X/N2TA , ZM3A , ZM1A , KH7X , KH6MB , KH6LC , D4C ,
TI5N (Also QRP) etc.........

Even on the first nite when the BIG GUNS are out I did 20 Qs in the first
hour.

60 radials about 15ft each to the radial plate , Rig a Ten Tec Argosy 525D
and K1EL keyer

Thanks Tom !!! OUTSTANDING antenna !!!

George Osier , N2JNZ