Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | DigiMaster combined USB CAT and Audio Interface Help

Reviews Summary for DigiMaster combined USB CAT and Audio Interface
DigiMaster combined USB CAT and Audio Interface Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $£69.99
Description: DigiMaster combined USB CAT and Audio Interface
More info: http://g4zlp.co.uk/index.htm

You can write your own review of the DigiMaster combined USB CAT and Audio Interface.

KG6UTS Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2007 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent unit and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the audio and cat interface to use with mt FT857D. It works fine running Ham Radio Deluxe and PSK Deluxe, could not be easier. The interface has been packed all over the country and never failed. When I called with questions I was treated well and the right cables were received quickly.

W3FLH Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2007 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Unbeatable Service!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the DigiMaster DUAL Channel USB interface for CAT control of my FT-990 and digital modes via HRD on my laptop. Initially, Neil (G4ZLP) had included the wrong CAT Control cable, but he IMMEDIATELY sent the proper one when I contacted him. It arrived 3 days later, and I was up and running (with a more than a little help from Neil and my friend Jon, N3OI). He even let me keep the cable!
Overall impression: Outstanding quality and customer service, good shipping rates/times. Neil went out of his way to help me get everything up and running, and was very patient, as I am very new to digimode operation. CAT control (FT-990 via HRD) was flawless.
I highly recommend this interface; it's well-constructed, functionally simple, works FB with every program I've thrown at it, and is very reasonably priced, even having to ship across the pond.
Thanks again, Neil, top-notch product and unbeatable after-sale service!

de Tony, W3FLH

G7MNS Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2007 06:49 Send this review to a friend
A Quality Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using Neils serial CAT interfaces for a couple of years on my IC706MKIIG and on my FT897D, both have worked flawlessly and are of the best construction quality you are likely to see anywhere!!

Recently I decided to upgrade things and also get an interface to enable me to use PSK31, SSTV and lots of other digital modes.

Neils website has all the information you need to get started, Links to useful software, all the required drivers are available for download as are the instructions. various cables for connection to many different radios are available and the online shop is a pleasure to use, goods are mailed very quickly indeed.

Using the interface is an absolute joy, on plugging the USB lead into my laptop the drivers were loaded automatically and the interface was ready for use immediately. HRD, PSK31 Deluxe, Digipan and MMSSTV all work well.

I have no connection with G4ZLP other than being a very satisfied customer, Thank you Neil

VK2TZA Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2006 02:07 Send this review to a friend
Great !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now 12 months down the track, and some 100 digital mode QSO (PSK31) in the log, felt itís time to give the DigiMaster USB CAT a BIG wrap. Interfaced no problem with my Yaesu 857D. Plug and play.

Beautifully constructed, professional on line purchasing, expedient delivery (within a week down under) and just heaps of digi mode fun.

If I needed another one, I would buy one !

VE3ZVD Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2006 09:05 Send this review to a friend
amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recieved in amazing time, hooked up and running in 5 minutes...works as advertised.

Love the fact it uses the CAT and DATA ports, and uses fixed level audio on my FT857D... tested with all major digital software and all work great, RIG control via Ham Radio Deluxe works great.

If you are in the market for a plug and play solution without messing with jumpers, this is the one

Leo
VE3ZVD

KC0RDG Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2006 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the cable after hearing about it in the IC-7000 review section. Neil said he would ship it on Monday. I received it today, Saturday.

It came in a small box and was packed well. Inside there is the actual interface (wrapped in bubble wrap), a CD, some rubber feet and instructions.

Setup was a snap, literally installed and on the air within 5 minutes. The CD has drivers, instructions, links and software. I am able to control my IC-7000 with Ham Radio Deluxe on 1 COM port and use the other COM port with MixW - all while using only 1 USB port on the computer! Audio interface cables are NICE, all metal connectors. The interface itself is a smooth, small black metal box, very solid feeling. The audio and USB cable are on one side and the CAT/Control on the other side.

Everything is working perfectly! I would DEFINATELY buy another one, and HIGHLY recommend anyone considering a soundcard interface to buy one of these - you will NOT be disappointed! I have a Tigertronic's SL-1+ and and will be using this full time and selling the SL-1+. There is nothing wrong with the SL, I just love the USB interface with 2 COM ports!

You can't go wrong...great product, great service!

KG4PBG Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2005 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Great interface!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Digimaster interface to use with my Yaesu FT-897D. So far I have used it with Ham Radio Deluxe, PSK31 Deluxe and MixW. I really like its small size and the fact that it comes in a metal enclosure. Some of the other devices I looked at did not. Having no additional power supply is nice. It having a USB port instead of serial port is nice. That's one more adapter I don't need. If you order cables for an FT-817, 857, 897 you get cables that actually hook into the CAT and Data DIN ports on the back of the rig. Many other interface devices out there do not. I wanted to use my radio the way it was designed to be used. I love having the interface using the fixed level audio on the Data port and having the volume control and speaker free to use as I please. The price for this interface is very reasonable. It also looks like obtaining cables to interface with other radios won't send me to the poor house. Very nice product! The Digimaster ships from England. I ordered mine on a Wednesday and had it the next Wednesday.

G1EWF Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2005 04:23 Send this review to a friend
Wow !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was so pleased with the first one, I just bought a second. I am using it at the same time and alongside the first. This second one is for my IC-746. Simply superb ! (once again). USB CAT and ALL afsk modes, to say I am happy is an understatement.

2E0KPI Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2005 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Professional Product AND Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a DigiMaster USB CAT for my IC-7400. To my delight it arrived in less than 48 hours, Couldn't believe how easy it was to configure. Was up and running with Ham Radio Deluxe in about 5 minutes. The simplest of tasks! A great product from G4ZLP. Thanks

G1EWF Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2005 23:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got one of these for my FT857 about 4 months ago. Plugged in and configured the virtual comport that windows installed automatically. Configured the software and was running the USB CAT and audio interface in minutes. I use MixW2.12 and Ham Radio Deluxe. Have made many psk and rtty contacts and always get good signal reports, also seems a better rx signal as I seem able to decode weaker signals than with my previous kit.