Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | MFJ-1261 Microphone Switch Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1261 Microphone Switch
MFJ-1261 Microphone Switch Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $89.00
Description: The MFJ-1261 Microphone Control Center allows you use one microphones, modular or 8-pin round with any two radios. Movable jumpers allow for matching either 8-pin round or 8- pin modular microphones to the rigs. You can even plug in an external PTT foot switch to free your hands for contesting / DXing or for plugging in a computer or voice keyer to control the PTT line for automatic operation
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1261

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1261 Microphone Switch.

W7YCN Rating: 2/5 Jun 10, 2015 09:47 Send this review to a friend
typical MFJ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this new yesterday from HRO. MFJ had wired the 8-pin front panel microphone connector incorrectly. They just soldered the wires willy-nilly and switch did not work. Call to MFJ was no help. I was able to reconfigure the connector so switch now works OK. But I should not have to repair MFJ's mistakes on a brand new, just out of the box, piece of equipment.

WU0R Rating: 0/5 Dec 9, 2011 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Crap - Period  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the MFJ-1261 to use with my two radios, one a Yaesu with 8 pin round and the other, ICOM, with 8 pin round. As configured default, the Yaesu works fine. The ICOM, if you set the jumpers as indicated, doesn't. Audio is very weak and you can't drive the radio to full output. Calls into MFJ yield, duh..what..who...

The Yaesu uses 5VDC to drive their microphones and ICOM requires 8 VDC. So I suspect, the voltage is too low and the ICOM isn't driven correctly.

Period, poor advertising, crappy product, no help, wasted my money.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2009 20:52 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is for the MFJ 1260.
I use this switch with my Icom 756 Pro II to use either the hand mike or the Heil Proset ic. No jumper settings need to be changed to use either mike. The default jumpers are set up for same mikes with same brand rigs. I have no RF problems and it sure makes switching mikes easy and convenient. I also have two MFJ 1262 units I use on my other rigs.

KA5ROW Rating: 3/5 Dec 14, 2005 14:32 Send this review to a friend
RF on signal  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Update for the MFJ 1261: Maybe I should have waited a while before I made my review. The mic switch works fine but when the HF amplifier is in use it picks up RF. I have both the MFJ 1261 mic switch and the 1275 sound card interface when I bypass them no RF but, at 100 watts they work fine. I have the same RF on 2M and 70CM when I run power on those bands.

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2005 22:58 Send this review to a friend
One mic two different rigs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For me the MFJ 1261 is great I have a Kenwood TS570-S and a Kenwood TS790-A I can use my MC60-A mic on both radios without unplugging from one to the other. It saves ware and tear on the radios, and with multiple mic/radio combos we all have picked up the wrong mic at one time or another. You also can set it up for different pin combinations for different brands of radios.