Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Comet HM05 Help

Reviews Summary for Comet HM05
Comet HM05 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $14.95
Description: 0.5m (18") Mj (SO-239) - BNC jumper, Fujikura 1.50-OEV coax
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/products.php?CatID=1&famID=3&childID=0

You can write your own review of the Comet HM05.

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2005 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Nice little jumper I use to get coax runs into the window  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The Comet HM05 is a 1/2 meter (18") long coax jumper with an SO-239 connector on one end and a BNC male connector on the other end. I'm sure Comet intended this jumper for connecting an HT to a base or mobile antenna. The coax is Fukijua 1.50-OEV which is roughly equivalent to RG-174 or perhaps RG-316. In other words this is the really thin stuff.

I found a different use for mine. I live in a rental and I needed to get my coax in through the shack window and I still need to be able to close and lock the window and the screen (or storm window in the winter). This cable is thin enough for me to do that and allows me to bring several coax runs into the shack. It works really well.

This little jumper, like most Comet products, is well made, with excellent fit and finish. For $12.95 at R&L Electronics it's been a real lifesaver for me. Not cheap but highly recommended.