Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-microphone Headsets | Heil Pro Set Media Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro Set Media
Heil Pro Set Media Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $110.00
Description: Pro Set with a mic element specifically designed for a personal computer soundcard.

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro Set Media.

KB9QNG Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2007 14:26 Send this review to a friend
This Media pro is exceptional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are serious about Echolink or CQ100 this Boomset Media pro is for you!!!.
I plug the Media pro into my laptop and put out some calls, the next thing I knew I had people coming back to me and asking me what kind of microphone are you using, the audio is the best they have ever heard.I could not believe my ears.
One thing I had to do is I had to shut off the microphone boost because the audio was to loud, besides that minor adjustment the microphone made my laptop come to life.
The headphones are very comfortable, and the audio quality is excellent, I was talking to a station the other night and I could here his parakeet in the background, the sound quality of the headphones are excellent.
If you would like to here what the microphone sounds like give me a call on the K9KJM-R on Echolink or on 14.200 on CQ100.
I have been looking for a top of the line boomset for my laptop, and now I have found it with the Media pro.

PS I have a new call W9JJM
N5ZC Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2005 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Drives a PC's Soundcard  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using my pc's soundcard to get the audio back and forth to my remote hf station. The traditional Heil Pro Set with the DX element did not drive the soundcard very well. This new headset is designed to work with a soundcard and works great.

I use this headset to get my transmit audio to my remote hf station via the internet. It also works very well to produce wave files for use with Writelog and other contesting software.

I also have a 1000mp at the house that is wired to the souncard. I connect the Pro Set Media to the sound card and the speaker output goes to the 1000mp. I can now record wave files on the fly during a contest as well as getting quality audio to the 1000mp.