Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Edgeport USB to RS232 Converter Help

Reviews Summary for Edgeport USB to RS232 Converter
Edgeport  USB  to  RS232 Converter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $200
Description: Edgeport USB-to-serial converters offer an easy Plug and Play solution for COM port expansion. An out-of-the-box (external) alternative to PCI cards, the Edgeport connects via USB to a PC or server, eliminating the need to open the chassis, reconfigure and reboot.
More info: http://www.ionetworks.com/

You can write your own review of the Edgeport USB to RS232 Converter.

ON4AA Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2008 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Works without a glitch!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this USB to 4 COM-port converter in my shack since 2001.

It steers my FT-990 transceiver, rotor and does the T/R-switching when in digital modes.

All those years this industry-quality interface, originally designed for interfacing electronic cash registers, has worked without a glitch!

Not cheap, but worth its price. Highly recommendable!

CT3FQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2005 02:13 Send this review to a friend
The Best USB/RS232  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have bought a notebook computer without any RS232 interface and for the full radio setup I need at least four COM ports . I have made exhaustive tests with some USB/RS232 converters and my conclusion is that no one works with a fix setup. I have noticed that when I plug or unplug another USB interface the COMMS numbers altered itself and the only solution is reinstall the drivers again and again. With some lucky I have found the best USB to serial adapter of the market: the Edgeport!
The Edgeport is a true Plug & Play USB/RS232 interface without any IRQ or address configuration. I have now four fix COMMs ports without USB overload current contected to two transceivers, TNC and CW Keyer. The price is a little high, but you can found one with four RS232 at Ebay for less than 50$US. Would highly recommend this interface to anyone.