Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Sirio 827 Help

Reviews Summary for Sirio 827
Sirio 827 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $aprox 75 GBP
Description: Very high quality 5/8 wave antenna with groundplanes.
Made from aluminium with Magnesium for better radio conductivity and maximum strength. This is certainly the strongest aluminium antenna available.
The large open coil prevents any build up of water or condensation and allows the antenna to handle high levels of RF power.
The top section is adjustable for swr, although in our experience there is no adjustment necessary.
Frequency 26-29MHz
Max Power 1000W
Length 6.7m
Radials 8 x 1.4m
Gain 7.5dB
Bandwidth 2000kHz
More info: http://www.sirioantenne.it/

You can write your own review of the Sirio 827.

KC2VVC Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2010 11:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been reviewing Sirio's antennas for some time now and just when I think I've reviewed the best of their line, I get another one that impresses me even more then the last one! This 827 is absolutely one of the finest "affordable" vertical ground-planes on the market in my opinion. Very, very well engineered, well designed, heavy duty and superior performance...

Check out my review at http://www.hevener.com/sirio827.html for more details on what this antenna is all about.

EI2HPB Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2010 04:21 Send this review to a friend
12 Years of top performance!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Italian made Sirio 827 is a very popular 5/8th wave 10/11m vertical in Europe, and I believe now in the States and around the world also. I have mine since 1998 and it has been a stellar performer. Moved to 3 different QTH's and own all manner of wire and yagi antennas, but the 827 has come along with me every time and I'm convinced it still be performing well in another 12 years time. The only problem as mentioned in previous reviews is the self tapping screws which do loosen with time. Best solution is to use good jubilee(hose) clips instead, mine have been on for 5 years and no problems at all. Antenna is installed at 10m on a small tower and gets a good whipping with our Irish winter gales. The optional plastic re-enforcing ring to strenghten the 8 groundplanes is a very useful little device, especially when crows and blackbirds decide to land on them!
This antenna has given me DX to every corner of the globe, and is also a great local antenna. Will tune up 40-10 with any half decent tuner and works great 17-10. Other bands are a compromise as expected, but better than you would think, every bit as good as a G5RV on 40m!
So there you have it, all in all well worth every penny of the 90 I spent on it 12 years ago and highly recommended to anyone considering a 5/8 wave vertical for 10/11m with added surprises!!

GI0ZGB Rating: 4/5 Feb 8, 2008 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Multi Band Vertical  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the 827 and variants for years! They all perform very well, the 827 being the top of the class! This antenna needs reinforcing in various places, in particular the joints which use self tapper screws. Left as is, with wind vibration they work loose, the hole enlarges and they drop out, the tube slides down, suddenly you're looking at very high vswr! What I did here was to machine a slot where the holes were and use two stainless clamps to hold the tubes together. This worked perfectly and the tubes never moved regardless of weather conditions. A friend of mine had the novel idea of inserting a round length of wood into the joint, then screwing the self tappers into this, he reported that this method proved very reliable. I have the antenna tuned for ten metres where it gives excellent local dx and dx performance. On other bands via an SGC auto antenna matching unit it is usable from 160-6m, the performance being similar to a Shakespere ABS kitted out with groundplanes. This is a good design, but the cheap alumimium used is not as strong as aircraft quality and needs help to withstand strong winds. I've seen many of them succumb to wind where the likes of the Avanti Sigma two was able to survive, so, fibreglass rods inserted into the upper tubes in particular help toughen them up. This is a great performing antenna, I warmly recommend it.

MI3LVZ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2007 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my Sirio 827 for 2 years without any complaints what so ever. The build quality is superb (much better than my Hustler 6BTV)and most times out performs the Hustler. I can tune it down to 40 meters and have had exellent results with it. Highly recommended and value for money. Grab a bargain...

M3NBD Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2007 02:06 Send this review to a friend
good 10,20 metre verical  Time owned: more than 12 months
ive had this 827 for 4 years bought it for 27megs before i passed my m3, passed my m3 pulled the 827 down put up comet250b. read the review on the 827 put it back up this weekend,works great on 20m and 10m and works fine on 40m, the antenna is still straight after 4 years of wind. if all you need is 10,20,40 this a blinding antenna, the 827 will be staying up now, will update next month
neal m3nbd

EI5FK Rating: 4/5 Oct 6, 2005 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Good 5/8th vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 2nd 5/8th wave Sirio 827, the 1st lasted 5 years before it snapped allbeit in very exposed conditions and in a severe gale, these aerials are fantastic for 10m and out perform the Antron-99 easily, listening recently for groundwave signals (ahem) on 27mhz I hrd many from over most of Ireland, for South Americia on 28mhz it works very well, the base of mine is at 30ft over ground.
This aint no CB aerial but a damn good 10mtr vertical, they cost abt 85 stg or 110 euro new, get ur up as high as possible
Charles

G1MZP Rating: 4/5 Oct 6, 2005 03:00 Send this review to a friend
IMpressive performance on 10-20m  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Once you get past the whole, "this is a CB antenna" thing, it actuaally works quite well.
In back to back tests I have conducted it reliably gives 2-3 S points improvement on my transmitted signal against my full size G5 RV, mounted at 25 feet in an inverted V.
What more can I say, paid twenty quid for it, hooked it up to the ATU and worked Bulgaria and Connecticut on 50 watts, each contact confirmed a 2-3 point improved signal with the Sirio against the G5 RV.

Bargain!!