Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JTB2 2M/440 Base Vertical Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTB2 2M/440 Base Vertical
Jetstream JTB2  2M/440 Base Vertical Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $55
Description: Fiberglass radome, covers 144-148Mhz/440-450Mhz, height 100", gain 6 db on 2M/8 db on 440, handles 200W, 90MPH wind rating
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTB2 2M/440 Base Vertical.

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2007 16:54 Send this review to a friend
No complaints!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had mine up for almost a year now without any issues. Like others have said, a great value for the $$.

W0ACE Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2007 11:22 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT VALUE!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just a rebranded Diamond X-200, for less than HALF the cost. Works GREAT! SWR perfect out of the bag, checked with my MFJ-259. At 30' above the ground I can work repeaters 60 miles away, and do every week checking into the net. I have a strong full quieting signal into the repeater with 50 watts. I also use it on simplex and get very good results. I have had mine up for about 2 months now. I DID SEAL the joint with some silicone to help keep water out. High quality, perfect fit of the parts. I LOVE IT! Can't beat it.

THANK YOU R AND L!! www.randl.com

WB3IGR Rating: 2/5 Jan 13, 2007 13:15 Send this review to a friend
OK ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I BOUGHT MY JTB2 FROM R&L IN OHIO. THE COST WAS WITHIN MY PRICE RANGE. I PUT THE ANTENNA TOGETHER THE WAY THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID (RATHER VAGUE). PUT UP THE ANTENNA, AND HAD A 3 TO 1 SWR ON 2 METERS. THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT. SO I WENT UP AND BROUGHT IT DOWN, TESTED IT ON A TRIPOD IN THE BACK YARD. STILL 3 TO 1. FINALLY I TOOK THE ANTENNA APART AND FOUND THAT WHERE THE COAX FEEDS THE CENTER (INSIDE THE RADOME)WAS NOT CONNECTED. WELL AFTER FIXING THE ANTENNA AND TESTING AGAIN, IT WORKS JUST FINE NOW. FOR THE MONEY $59.95 IT'S A GOOD ANTENNA BUT CHECK TO MAKE SURE THAT IS WORKS BEFORE YOU GO UP YOUR TOWER!!

AB8RL Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2006 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced my ARX2B with the JTB2. The JTBW is lighter and shorter than the Ringo I was using. Performance on 2 meters is as good plus I now have a UHF antenna as well. SWR on 2 meters was flat - no standing waves at all which really impressed me. Construction was solid and the coax connector is well protected. Very good antenna - look close at this one if you looking for a good dual band antenna.

N4LI Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2006 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just mounted my new JTB2 in my attic for APRS, and I must say, I am very impressed. I own a Diamond vertical of the same size also in my third-floor attic (though, the Diamond covers 6m, too), and this antenna compares very favorably.

Construction seems as good as my Diamond. There are only one or two cosmetic differences. Assembly was quick and easy -- there really is very little assembly to do.

As soon as the antenna got mounted on a piece of PVC, I checked it with my VHF-only analyzer. It was flat as a pancake. The highest SWR peak I saw in-band was 1.3:1. Not too shabby.

And, it seems to work quite well. In fact, on UHF, it out-performs my Diamond V2000, and does it with lossier feedline.

$55? Are you kiddin' me?! Why are more people not using these things?

Peter, N4LI

KC9IOP Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2006 00:40 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Been up since Oct.15,05 on a tripod. Hooked up to my ICOM V8000 I have used it on simplex with only 5 watts and got good signals over 19 miles away! $55 What more could you ask for?

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2005 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Can't go wrong for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was going to purchase the Diamond X-200A ($125), but saw an ad from R and L Electronics for this antenna for $55. Same size, same specs, less than half the price...what the heck! Diamond comes in two sections, Jetstream in one piece. SWR from 144-145 Mhz has a high of 1.6:1, 145-148Mhz virtually flat....hits all the repeaters I need. Haven't measured 440, but I hit repeaters 50 miles away with 5W HT. Just use it for repeaters, so it meets my needs. Construction looks like Diamond, Comet...comes in yellow plastic sleeve like the others...good knockoff. Good deal for the price.