Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | Cushcraft MA6V Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft MA6V
Cushcraft MA6V Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $300
Description: 6 band vertical
More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft MA6V.

WT0P Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2006 21:11 Send this review to a friend
Well Satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking to just complete my stations capability to cover all the bands even thought we are at the low point in the sun cycle. What I wound up with was great opportunities to work these bands even now because of this antennas excellent performance. There was a contest this past weekend on 6 meters and I logged over 20 contacts in less than an hour from all over the US. So yes I'm happy especially with the incredible ease it was to tune the individual bands to exactly where you like to work. Of course 12 & 17 being so narrow the SWR was less than 1.2:1 across the entire band. The wider bands never went out more than 3:1 worst case after you centered the resonent point. The instructions were good and the components fit well and a week ago it survived a super strong wind storm that took out several trees around the property but it remained completely intact. So in all there are probably many other good choices out there but I'm not disappointed with this one.

KC9EPN Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2005 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Multi-bander  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bang for the buck, great weather resistance, but somewhat involved for assembly. This vertical does a great job on 6 meters on up. Slight limitations on 6m, with SWR on 6m only 2kHz wide. (Antenna tuner works to fix this) I've used this unit with great success, even stretching the limits, and getting great use on 11m. (it's rated 10m and 12m) Not for the faint of heart, this vertical is TALL. No problems with wind and what I would call a puny mounting system. Much better than the competition. Price/performance excellent. My only shortcoming, is that the mid elements caught fire when I ran 1000w PEP on 20m. (Just kidding!)

Hightly recommended.