Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Vectronics PM-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Vectronics PM-30
Vectronics PM-30 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $$79.95
Description: 300/3000w 1.8-60 MHz wattmeter/SWR meter

You can write your own review of the Vectronics PM-30.

KE4CIJ Rating: 4/5 Oct 30, 2014 18:21 Send this review to a friend
AN Okay Meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
Compared to other meters of the same price this is a decent meter. It does a fair job for what it is, the price isn't that bad. I've not had any issues with the SWR not reading with other meters, it seems to be right in the ball park. It's not a Bird meter by any means but for every day use and abuse it's okay and I would recommend it to friends. If the meter is off, it can be re-calibrated fairly easy.

KB0GU Rating: 3/5 Mar 1, 2010 01:45 Send this review to a friend
Works relatively.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well, this unit is big enough to see, and serves as previous writer states as a relative meter. I agree the SWR does not correspond to anything else I measure with but is close enough for hand grenades. Forget the peak power button, it is a passive device that adds some capacitance to hold the level on the needle up. But don't expect to be reading true peak power, and if you tune up thinking that you are over powered by a significant factor in modes that need true peak reading if you want to see your dynamic signal with accuracy. It has held up and worked for years and works for me given the drawbacks.

K5ZD Rating: 2/5 Nov 26, 2007 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Not the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this unit because I wanted a cross needle SWR meter. Well, the needles move and represent forward power and SWR. So as a relative meter it works fine. However, the SWR shown never matches what the radio or any other SWR meter that I have show. I can't recommend purchasing.