Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna Help

Reviews Summary for KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna
KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $29.
Description: This is the original KB9VBR all copper 2 meter J-Pole antenna. Ruggedly constructed one piece design, this antenna will last practically forever. The specs for the two meter version are as follows: Overall length 69 inches, radiator 58 inches, matching stub 19 inches. An S0-239 connector is soldered on at the point of lowest SWR.
More info: http://www.jpole-antenna.com

You can write your own review of the KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna.

JGUBB Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2009 14:54 Send this review to a friend
THIS ANTENNA ROCKS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow, this antenna is letting me hit 2 meter repeaters 70 miles away on a good night. I live fifty miles from the downtown Houston repeaters and get full quieting. Made simplex contacts almost 90 miles away on a foggy night. My contact was using a beam on a 100 foot tower and I'm running this J-pole 25 feet up. I have also used it for portable work with a homebrew mast rigged from a tree pruner.

KI6DPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2008 01:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Time Used: 2 1/2 years
Mast is 20ft

I got this antenna 2m/440 about mid 2006 I use this antenna daily & just got a second one in July for ecom work. I highly recommend this antenna. Swr for both of mine 1:1.3. This antenna is very stable even in high winds (40+).You can't go wrong with antenna.

KE7UCW Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2008 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Improvement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What an awesome difference over running an HT antenna on 5 watts. I could barely get out on simplex. Now with this j-pole up 25 feet it's like a whole new world out there.

Excellent workmanship and quality on this j-pole. Don't think I could have purchased all the parts and made if for much less. SWR is excellent and stands up in a pretty good wind storm too.

KJ4AXU Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Great antennas  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own both the 2 meter and the 220 j-poles and they simply work great! Both are about 25' in the air, and both will let me hit repeaters 50+ miles away with 5 watt handhelds. And of course, with mobile rigs (main use) the distance is much greater. Well built, perfectly matched, I have recommended them to friends without hesitation.

W6EOD Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2007 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent construction and performance. Great service, what more could you ask for? Highly reccomended!

N2UZV Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2007 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Portable Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the two section J-Pole which makes it easy to pack and use on service events. It has been used for rally racing, Empire State Games, NYS floods and marathons. It has worked perfect each and every time. It has always allowed me to be the station with full quieting while others remain noisy. This is with both using repeaters and simplex. I have used this antenna with 5 watts and 45 watts. No problems at either power. The first one I received was damage in shipment by UPS. It was replaced quickly without a question and I have not had any problems.

For an emergency 2 meter antenna you canít go wrong. For a permanent installation, I would use the one piece J-Pole. If youíre carrying it for temporary use, the two piece J-Pole is the best answer I have found.

N2UZV

W4WWO Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2007 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna -- Affordable & Tough!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Time owned: 2+ years
Mount: On top of 10' mast

Review: Stands up to southeast storms with no problems. The KB9VBR continues to perform marvelously to this day, and looks better with age as the copper turns a darker dull brown color. I've used it with many vhf radios, never had a single bad report. Brings in distant repeaters with ease.

Take two plastic zip ties and hang a flag from the 58" radiator ... works great in CC&R areas :-).

Excellent, Affordable & Tough!

W9JFL Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2006 08:31 Send this review to a friend
A Wonderful 2m Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A friend reccommended this antenna to me as opposed to building one myself. This is a rugged, efficient antenna that can go virtually anywhere. It is perfectly tuned. I have the two-section version. It travels well for portable operation and rugged enough to take a licking and keep on ticking.

I found KB9VBR to be a great source, he was honest, he shipped quick, the price is more than fair and his product is a great value.

If you're looking for a great basic 2m antenna, one to take along with you on that portable packet or camping setup, or just want one to store in the shack for emergency use, THIS IS YOUR ANTENNA.

KB3KAI Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2005 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of KB9VBR's antennas when I got my Tech license in mid-2003. It lived hidden up in a tree among the branches for over a year, then went with me when I moved to a new home. Sturdy antenna, no problems or complaints! It has survived some very nasty winter weather here in Maryland, plus many strong thunderstorms.

The antenna peforms very well, good receive and transmit, and still has excellent SWR readings. Consider this a "workhorse" antenna, made to last for the long haul.

See the antenna in action here:

- Dave KB3KAI