Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna Help

Reviews Summary for KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna
KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $29.
Description: This is the original KB9VBR all copper 2 meter J-Pole antenna. Ruggedly constructed one piece design, this antenna will last practically forever. The specs for the two meter version are as follows: Overall length 69 inches, radiator 58 inches, matching stub 19 inches. An S0-239 connector is soldered on at the point of lowest SWR.
More info: http://www.jpole-antenna.com

You can write your own review of the KB9VBR 2 meter J-Pole antenna.

K8WRQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2009 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna from a great seller  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna was a great purchase. As a few other reviewers stated, I priced out raw materials locally and it was only a few dollars more to buy one of Michael's antennas pre-made....even after shipping (his shipping rates are VERY reasonable as well). Considering the time I saved, it was a no-brainer.

This is a great antenna for all-around use. I can hit just about any repeater I want to in the surrounding counties with 10w. Turn up to 50w and I can regularly hit repeaters all over the place. Not bad for an antenna set up indoors. This is also a great antenna for working campsites and emergency ops. I like to stand it up in a plastic Christmas tree stand on the ground or on the tailgate of the bed of the truck.

The antenna normally sits in a flower pot of planting stones inside. SWR is low across the band. Workmanship is top notch. Michael was great to work with and the communication was excellent. Shipping was fast and fairly priced. Overall, I'm very pleased with the antenna and will probably purchase more from him as long as his prices are so competitive with raw materials in my area.

KL2IW Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2009 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The jpole antenna is very easy to build. All I needed was 1/2" copper pipe with one 90Degree elbow, one T, and a few caps.

I made some modifications on this Jpole and made it into a beam with 3 elements. SWR was less than 1.5. However, the bandwidth on this antenna is going to decrease when adding additional elements.

KA6OSX Rating: 2/5 May 6, 2009 09:01 Send this review to a friend
poor workman ship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
hi,kent(ka6osx)i got one of his 6m j-poles.easy going together,got it up on the mast,put the u-bolts in place.then got ready to put the coax on,and the coax connector snaped off,really bad solder joint.had to take the torch up on the roof,use a hose clamp to hold it in place and double as a heat sink and fix it.seems to work ok now,talked to a friend in pollock pines which is about 130miles from me.i had a 5/7 signal.the antenna is nice,should take a better look at the joints,and use silver solder far stronger.out of a scale of 1-10 ,performance 8plus,workman ship 3.

KE5WNY Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2009 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Great for the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
At 30' I had great results from this antenna. I worked simplex with stations at 50+ miles and worked all repeaters within the same distance. Construction is simple but high quality. I don't see a problem with this antenna handling harsh weather. VSWR spot on at 146 Mhz. Great deal.

JGUBB Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2009 14:54 Send this review to a friend
THIS ANTENNA ROCKS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow, this antenna is letting me hit 2 meter repeaters 70 miles away on a good night. I live fifty miles from the downtown Houston repeaters and get full quieting. Made simplex contacts almost 90 miles away on a foggy night. My contact was using a beam on a 100 foot tower and I'm running this J-pole 25 feet up. I have also used it for portable work with a homebrew mast rigged from a tree pruner.

KI6DPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2008 01:20 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Time Used: 2 1/2 years
Mast is 20ft

I got this antenna 2m/440 about mid 2006 I use this antenna daily & just got a second one in July for ecom work. I highly recommend this antenna. Swr for both of mine 1:1.3. This antenna is very stable even in high winds (40+).You can't go wrong with antenna.

KE7UCW Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2008 22:50 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Improvement  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What an awesome difference over running an HT antenna on 5 watts. I could barely get out on simplex. Now with this j-pole up 25 feet it's like a whole new world out there.

Excellent workmanship and quality on this j-pole. Don't think I could have purchased all the parts and made if for much less. SWR is excellent and stands up in a pretty good wind storm too.

KJ4AXU Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2008 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Great antennas  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own both the 2 meter and the 220 j-poles and they simply work great! Both are about 25' in the air, and both will let me hit repeaters 50+ miles away with 5 watt handhelds. And of course, with mobile rigs (main use) the distance is much greater. Well built, perfectly matched, I have recommended them to friends without hesitation.

W6EOD Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2007 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent construction and performance. Great service, what more could you ask for? Highly reccomended!

N2UZV Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2007 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Portable Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the two section J-Pole which makes it easy to pack and use on service events. It has been used for rally racing, Empire State Games, NYS floods and marathons. It has worked perfect each and every time. It has always allowed me to be the station with full quieting while others remain noisy. This is with both using repeaters and simplex. I have used this antenna with 5 watts and 45 watts. No problems at either power. The first one I received was damage in shipment by UPS. It was replaced quickly without a question and I have not had any problems.

For an emergency 2 meter antenna you canít go wrong. For a permanent installation, I would use the one piece J-Pole. If youíre carrying it for temporary use, the two piece J-Pole is the best answer I have found.

N2UZV