Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K9LU BullDog Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K9LU BullDog Paddle
K9LU BullDog Paddle Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $24.95 + $2.50 S&H
Description: Small, light weight iambic key with a great feel.
More info: http://www.amateurradioproducts.com

You can write your own review of the K9LU BullDog Paddle.

KG5CGN Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2015 13:46 Send this review to a friend
Just what I wanted!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought this puppy and mounted it on a stick with a paracord wrap to keep the cable from wobbling around. I love it!!! I can sit back at the base of a tree and send cw during my portable/ hiking ops... Quick service too; I got it in 2 days after order. I'm very happy with it.

WD0BC Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST and more...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used my magnetic BULLDOG ( that base now discontinued) for or 4 or 5 years with GREAT SUCCESS.

I recently noticed a problem keeping the key from working properly every stroke of the key.

I contacted Louis K9LU via email reguarding the problem. I wanted to purchase a replacement which I could install on my magnetic base.

MY UNIT WAS REPLACED.....NO CHARGE!!!!

YOU CAN'T ASK FOR A BETTER GUARENTEE or BETTER SERVICE than that.

Looking forward to another long camping season with my BULLDOG.....GREAT KEY.....GREAT SERVICE !

BULLDOG is another product that has the quality and service of an Elecraft or Buddpole!

Thanks Louis!!!!!!!

WD0BC

F5NZY Rating: 4/5 Feb 20, 2007 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Light and Small...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a BD2 and a BD5-817 for my FT-817ND. I received my 2 keys, very well packaged within 7 days. The BullDog keys are smooth. The BD5-817 is great for /PM (Pedestrian Mobile) and the BD2 has a strong magnetic base. This is convenient... Of course this is not as comfortable as a Bencher Hex Paddle or a Schurr Profi2, but it works!
Steph, F5NZY

W5LXG Rating: 4/5 Jan 28, 2007 11:11 Send this review to a friend
Surprising good cw perfomer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just spent a frustating time trying to adjust Bencher BY-1 and could not get it to "feel" right. Dusted off the Bulldog I once used for a QRP rig and gave it a whirl. It feels better to my fingers than the BY-1, but not as pleasing as my Bencher "Hex" magnetic. Also most toy like appearance, one would not believe how smooth it sends and feels. Mine has suction cups which work well on my glass table top. Well worth the money.

TF8GX Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2005 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Exellent !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine in Dayton/OH 2004 .
Have it with me when im travelling and it works great. VY smooth to work with .

K1WCC Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2004 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Great little paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an easily carried paddle for use camping with my 706 or FT-817. I saw the Bulldog (with magnetic base)at Dayton and bought it right away. I have not been disappointed. I attached it to an Altoids tin and got on the air right away. I was never real comfortable using a Bencher but this little key has a nice feel to it and I use it at home now as well. It's built using common materials and may eventually wear out but no sign of that yet. It's worth the price.

KG0WX Rating: 4/5 Nov 2, 2003 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Works FB @ QRQ but.......  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'd have given the little thing a 5 except for the suction cups - they won't stick to anything! The key came with this blue tacky putty which augments the suction cups and works well but after a few thousand characters it tends to ooze out from the bottom of the cups. Maybe it's just me - I tend to send with a heavy fist and I've found even the most sturdy key will move when I go faster than 20 wpm.

Other than that, It's a great value and a smooth performer. I would recommend this product.

GL0VJP Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2003 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Bulldog  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm a small collector of morse keys, I bought my bulldog twin paddle a couple of years ago. I was amazed with the quality of workmanship for the price. I haved used it and found it to be great. I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

K7GVI Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2003 23:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the Bulldog Paddle today and to tell you the truth I was shocked!! The magnetic base version that I got came inside a medicine bottle, which I will definitely use as a carrying case. It is perfect for what I want to do with it. I really enjoy hiking and since this paddle is so small and lightweight I can take it anywhere. I also weighs about two ounces ( a huge plus ). I don't have much experience with Iambic Keyers, so I don't know how this one compares with the bencher or other higher dollar keyers but as far as I'm concerned this paddle will be used for a long time. It really is neat to see exactly how it is made. You can take a look for yourself at http://www.amateurradioproducts.com/bd2.html

KC0ODY Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2003 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Puts the "fun" in functional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got one of these as my first keyer. I had never worked with an iambic keyer before and being a new General, had never even been in a QSO using CW before! I used the little Bulldog during my first hour-long ragchew and what a little delight it is-- easy to use, very light and does not require anything but a light touch. I stuck mine to an old CD case and held it on my lap during the entire QSO. Have not had to use the putty that came with it. This is my only keyer, but I think it would make a great addition to a mobile and/or QRP rig.