Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | K9LU BullDog Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for K9LU BullDog Paddle
K9LU BullDog Paddle Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $24.95 + $2.50 S&H
Description: Small, light weight iambic key with a great feel.
More info: http://www.amateurradioproducts.com

You can write your own review of the K9LU BullDog Paddle.

KB5HWS Rating: 4/5 Jan 26, 2003 23:55 Send this review to a friend
Good key for the price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As you can tell from the reviews, this key is not for the 'key snobs'. However, it is small, light, well-built, and inexpensive. It is cleverly built out of simple materials (coat buttons and a binder clip), but complex enough in detail to make the workmanship well worth the price.

The triangular base with suction cups is very hard to use, but the key is *very* easy to re-mount on something else. I simply removed the base and mounted the key on the clipboard I use for logging. Works great.

N2DE Rating: 2/5 Jan 19, 2003 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Blueprint for a homebrew project  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Two buttons from your ma's sewing kit soldered to a paper clip obviously cannot make a precision paddle, and that's all this is. It is, however, a great idea that you can imitate in the privacy of your own shack at a cost of about $2. It will work better than sending code by touching two bare wire ends, and as a blueprint for a homebrew project it deserves a few points.

K5PSO Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2003 11:13 Send this review to a friend
I liked it  Time owned: more than 12 months
For what it is, it's great! It's super and very light and small for portable use. I tried to adjust mine though, and it's never worked since. If I had another, I'd leave it alone!

K4BKD Rating: 4/5 Aug 21, 2002 07:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased a Bull Dog Paddle and like others was not satisfied with the suction cups...Since I work QRP from my deck in the summer and other portable locations, I decided to mount the paddle on a surplus Army clamp on leg mount. It works great.

K8EO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2002 04:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned this little paddle for a couple of years now, and it works great. Well worth the price. I am very happy with it. I actually prefer it to another name brand paddle that I paid a lot more for, that requires constant adjustment..

73 Ted

IZ2EJU Rating: 4/5 Jan 14, 2002 06:51 Send this review to a friend
It's OK !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got a BullDog about 6 months ago, when I was looking for a paddle to use during summer holidays. Now I have it near my Bencher, and I use both from my home. For the little price, it's OK.

BV2WN Rating: 3/5 Jan 14, 2002 01:56 Send this review to a friend
fine paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own the BullDog paddle and a Schurr paddle
(profi 2). The BullDog seems to wear out
quite easily. I cannot send the Dah each time
without pressing real hard. I prefer "light touch"
sending but with BullDog you have to press hard.

I have difficulty sending code faster than 30 WPM
using BullDog but with Schurr it is a breeze.

I think it's good for QRP and field day style operation. With the price so low maybe I should not
complain.

73, Frank, bv2wn

AC7OD Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2001 19:37 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the K9LU Bulldog paddle, and have loved it from the first moment I used it. Being new to CW, I also purchased the computer interface cable, and have been learning to use the keyer with the MRX software. Within about a week I have already been able to send near flawless code at 15 wpm. The keyer is simple, easy to use, and very functional. As others have said, the suction cups aren't so great, but screwing it to a permanent base works just fine. I bought the keyer because of its price, although upon inspection of the device I said to myself that "I could build that!" Alas K9LU discovered it first. Way to go! I would recommend this keyer to anyone. No need for a fancy $150+ keyer with a built-in microwave oven!!!

K5PSO Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2000 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Great little key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
wonderful little key, nice feel. Excellent craftsmanship.

AE1CW Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2000 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice little paddle!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a surprisingly nice little paddle. Looking at it you'd never imagine it works so nicely. For $25 it has to be considered a steal. If you are a QRP'er, this paddle is very lightweight and compact making it ideal for travel.