Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Henry 3K - Teardrop Meters and 3-500Zs Help

Reviews Summary for Henry 3K - Teardrop Meters and 3-500Zs
Henry 3K - Teardrop Meters and 3-500Zs Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Henrys beefy commercial amp late 60's vintage. Later became the 3KA.

You can write your own review of the Henry 3K - Teardrop Meters and 3-500Zs.

W0NCL Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2005 09:18 Send this review to a friend
A great quality amp!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'd never really had a chance to own a Henry Amplifier until over a year ago. Id listened to the stories of how well they were constructed and how well they worked but never experienced it first hand. I bought this amp not knowing if it was working or not, but it was in real nice shape. I had some issues with it initially(resoldered a loose wire) but that has been it. Its a great amplifier. It is really built like a tank and it puts out the legal limit. I have the chinese 3-500z's in it and they work great. It is a difficult to find replacement meters for these things so be very careful when you move it around. Also be sure to oil the fan from time to time. I find my fan isnt real noisy but it may have not been run a lot either. One thing I have noticed was fan noise seems to be amplified if the amp isnt leveled extremely accurately. I dont know if thats just in my case or not. I can really recommend this amp if you find one.