Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Jetstream JTPS14 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTPS14
Jetstream JTPS14 Reviews: 19 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $50.00
Description: 14 amp Max, 12 amp Continuous Power Supply
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps14.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTPS14.

K1TWH Rating: 3/5 Jul 13, 2008 15:10 Send this review to a friend
Has some birdies  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the JTPS14M with the meters. I have an Inv-L antenna with its feedpoint about 15 feet away from the station and I've not been able to rid my station of the birdies from this supply on 40 meters. It's easy to identify them because they'll change freq a bit when you adjust the voltage. Looking inside, it appears that the unit would be hard to improve as every space is used and the AC connector is mounted right onto the PCB. If you have less than optimal antennas, I'd say keep looking. It gets a 3/5 because I'd bet that there are allot of places where the supply would work fine, and the switching noise is my only complaint. WB1FPA

KD5UPL Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2008 07:13 Send this review to a friend
Works for me...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I (we) have 4 of the JTPS14 hooked up to transceivers. One for over three years, and three for over 1 year. No problems. The four locations are: Incident Command Center, Office, My Shack, My Vintage Radio Backup.

KD5TVF Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2008 01:32 Send this review to a friend
So far, it works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked one up yesterday at Texas Towers to power my old Icom 2100 inside the house, as I picked up a new mobile for the car.

It's compact, good front panel.

I think it's a winner for a small home station.

WX2USA Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2008 10:06 Send this review to a friend
ITS ABOUT TIME  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
TALK ABOUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. FOR A GOOD POWER SUPPLY TO RUN MOST MID SIZE RADIOS THIS IS GREAT. SMALL YES BUT HAS METERS TO WATCH OUT FOR WHAT YOU NEED NOT A BOAT ANCHOR JUST A GOOD LITTLE UNIT AROUND $5O.00 CANT BE BEAT

KI7DG Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2007 15:38 Send this review to a friend
OK power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Jetstream JTPS14M and have had no RF or noise problems from this unit. The Instruction sheet is simple and in ONE language, English!. I would have liked the on/off switch on the front instead of the rear but that's not a deal breaker. Unit is powering an Icom 2100 2m rig.

VA3JDL Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2007 14:43 Send this review to a friend
Great little power supply!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the power supply to drive my 3 radios and small amp on the base. When i transmit its mostly with the amp and the current draw on the power supply runs close to the limit.
The power supply is always on because i leave my radios on 24/7. I have not run into any problems. I will be picking up another one, its well worth the price.

WB9DLC Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2006 16:18 Send this review to a friend
Works Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After owning the 28 amp Jet Stream I decided to grab one of these for my 65w FT2800. I don't need an adjustable supply so I 'set it and forget it' HI HI.

Works great. For the money you can't beat it.

N9XV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2006 13:59 Send this review to a friend
Good economical supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Out of the box I was impressed! Nice stout little supply. Rugged "beefy" bananna jacks. The switches on my unit were strong. No problems there. The voltage adjustment has a "detent" notch for the 13.8-VDC setting. Here's what I measured with a DMM before I hooked anything up.

Unloaded Voltage - 13.7-VDC
Variable range - 11.33-VDC to 16.06-VDC
At a load current of 9-Amps, the voltage across the output terminals was 13.58-VDC as indicated on the DMM. A drop of .07-VDC. That works for me!
So far so good. I'll update this post again in the future to see how it holds up. Some users might complain about fan noise but ideally, the supply should be "out of site" anyway.

I'am happy so far.

N9XV

N6ATF Rating: 0/5 Dec 11, 2005 00:18 Send this review to a friend
Do not buy.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used this for about a week and already, the unit failed.

How? The on-off toggle switch stopped working. I tried to switch it off for tonight and it stayed lit, so I turned on my radio just to be sure that, in the off position, power was still flowing to the terminals. It was. So, I turned off the radio, and flipped the switch a few more times, no effect.

I was forced to unplug the power cable. Then I plugged it back in while in the off position, and it lit up as if it had been set to on. Flipped the final few times, still no effect. It is now repackaged in the box and almost ready to be shipped back.

The switch does not feel like it was a rare break, it felt shoddy to begin with, like it should not be flipped back and forth more than a few times in its lifetime.

I will be returning this defective Taiwanese-manufactured piece of junk, hopefully for a refund from CheapHam. Thankfully, I didn't sell my Pyramid PS12KX, which hadn't failed, just had less features. Get this instead if you want an economical power supply that "just works".