Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | UA6HPR (www.ruqsl.ru) QSL Help

Reviews Summary for UA6HPR (www.ruqsl.ru) QSL
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: UA6HPR Oleg's QSL printery
More info: http://www.ruqsl.ru/

You can write your own review of the UA6HPR (www.ruqsl.ru) QSL.

K6EID Rating: 4/5 Mar 23, 2014 10:37 Send this review to a friend
QSLs received!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I posted earlier that Oleg had failed to get my QSLs here that he sent in October and, since they went missing, he was going to ship replacements in late December. They finally arrived in mid-March. They were mailed in February. Better late than never!

AC7DX Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2008 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Great service and color  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fantastic job on KL7DX NA-234. Thanks you for the quality and the quick service
Ron
AC7DX

GD0TEP Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2006 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality QSL printer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Oleg at www.ruqsl.ru is very helpful, and what they produce in quality just can't be beaten.

Paper quality is the best, print quality... well, i've never seen anything better. Excellent colours, and fine print detail.

Perhaps the best thing is that the cost! I paid just 105 euros for 2,000 cards. Postage was an extra 20 euros for air mail service.

So far i've had 4,000 cards printed by Oleg, and i've another 2,000 on the way.

Cheers,
Andy

HA5X Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2005 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Great quality, care to details and speed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Inspired by the quality of some incoming cards bearing the "An UA6HPR QSL www.ruqsl.ru" line, I decided to contact Oleg and order some cards for two of my callsigns.

I am the type of person who likes playing around with design, plus I am an amateur photographer, so I asked Oleg what file formats he can accept. He promptly replied with a long list, and I chose CorelDraw. Not being a Corel Draw guru I only created a draft layout. I used a HUGE panoramic picture on the front page, so the file was also BIG (more than 120 MB). I uploaded it to my own server and sent the URL to UA6HPR by e-mail. A few hours later I got a JPG proof from him. There were a few minor problems, mainly faults on my side. I sent Oleg my comments, he sent a new JPG back. Three rounds and the card was ready for print. I then designed a second card for another callsign, and we repeated the same process. Oleg was always very responsive and patient with my instructions.

Oleg then told me the cards would be printed in a few days' time. And indeed, a few days later my two cards showed up on his website as "performed orders". The same day I got a message that the cards had been sent by mail.

Mail was not the fastest, according to the post stamps, it took the two boxes 12 days to get from Stavropol (RU) to Budapest (HU), but it is acceptable. I was surprised to find only 1000 cards in one box, and another 1000 in another, while I had ordered 1000 for one call and 3000 for another. I contacted Oleg saying that 2000 cards had arrived. He told me that he is posting the rest the next day, he just does not want to send all cards at once for various reasons.

The cards are excellent quality. Mine are full colour on both sides, the front being shiny UV-lacquered the back being less shiny. Colors are exactly as the original looks on my screen, and printing is really precise. The cards could be somewhat thicker (heavier), but it if you affix labels on your cards (as I do) it will get harder anyway and as here we have to pay the outgoing QSL bureau per weight, it is cheaper to send these cards than postcard-type cardboard, while quality is still outstanding. I do not think it is a good idea to print direct on the cards, definitely not with an inkjet printer. Maybe a laser, but it has yet to be tested.

I heartily recommend UA6HPR's QSL printing service, and I will definitely use it again soon.