Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Motorola GP350 Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola GP350
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $395
Description: VHF/UHF commercial radio.

You can write your own review of the Motorola GP350.

KX7ID Rating: 4/5 Oct 21, 2006 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Upgrade from GP300  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had a GP300 for some time now and have enjoyed the rugged reliability of these commercial Motorola HT's. My "new" GP350 has a more rounded feel to the case and has the more reliable right side mount speaker/mic attachment setup rather than the top plug-in of the GP300.

The most significant downside to the GP350 over the GP300 is the lower audio output. I have to turn up the GP350 nearly all the way up for the same volume as the GP300 about 2/3rd's of the way up. I need to see if there is an internal adjustment for this.

Overall I like the more modern cosmetic design of the GP350 and the radio's overall performance. The biggest downside to these radios is that you must "be in the business" or know someone "in the business" to get or have them programmed using RSS. Other than that it is a winner!

4 rating is for low audio and RSS.

Chuck
KX7ID

N2MWE Rating: 4/5 Dec 20, 2005 12:19 Send this review to a friend
Another solid radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked this up on eBay for 70cm. Just as solid as my GP300. Very tight receiver, which is why I prefer a commercial radio for VHF/UHF handheld work than an amateur handheld. Again, only reason for a 4 is the lack of RSS software availability from Motorola.