Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | KCHIBO KK-216 Help

Reviews Summary for KCHIBO KK-216
KCHIBO KK-216 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $28.80 (including shipping on eba
Description: 20 Band (AM/FM and 18 SW Bands) Radio
More info: http://www.ebay.com

You can write your own review of the KCHIBO KK-216.

SAILCAT Rating: 2/5 Mar 16, 2011 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Okay reception for FM stations, subpar reception for AM and SW, although using external antennae helps considerably in allowing faint SW stations to come in. Audio quality is fair at best. Altogether, it is very mediocre and there are much better radios out there for the price of a Kchibo KK-216. For example, the humble Kaide KK-9702 gets much better reception across the board, in a smaller package, and for less money.

TOJO Rating: 4/5 Jul 1, 2007 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Nice little radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a nice little radio. Pulls in the usual stations with good clearity. Price was really good, got mine for under $20.00. I would recommend getting one of these for general useage.
Hey, for under $20 you can't go wrong!

I5WNN Rating: 2/5 Aug 22, 2006 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Only for boys  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought for funny but ... low sensivity, FM intermodulations on all bands. If you like an old style receiver its ok but you can find better radio at the same price.

KITKAT Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2006 21:50 Send this review to a friend
Best Deal for twenty bucks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The KCHIBO KK 216 is a fantastic SW radio that is well made and really pulls in the stations.It receves ninty percent of the SW stations that my DEGEN DE 11003 receves.I have found a larger SW radio with 20 band coverage a nice speaker that really sounds good for twenty bucks.After 40 years of being in SW radios I highly urge you to buy one.I bought two.

SLIDERULEX Rating: 1/5 Dec 20, 2005 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Only good for AM/FM  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would have given this radio a 0, but at least it picks up local AM and FM stations. The only other thing good about it is that it uses 2 D-cell batteries which will give this radio a very long life on batteries.

I was unable to pick up any SW stations from inside my room at nightime. All I heard was FM bleeding into the many SW bands. All of my other worldband radios can pick up at least some SW broadcasts from within my bedroom. The Kchibo is unique in at least this aspect...it truly sucks!

I paid less and got more from buying the JWin worldband radio. Avoid the Kchibo KK216 at all cost, unless you want a very long battery life AM/FM radio. Other than that, forget it.