Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | gMFSK 0.6 Gnome HF Digital program Help

Reviews Summary for gMFSK 0.6 Gnome HF Digital program
gMFSK 0.6 Gnome HF Digital program Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $free
Description: gMFSK is a multimode HF terminal program for Linux and other unix-like operating systems. Despite the name, gMFSK can send and receive many digital conversational modes typically used by radio amateurs on HF. Supported modes are:

* MFSK (MFSK16 and MFSK8)
* RTTY
* THROB (1, 2 and 4 throbs/sec)
* PSK31 (BPSK and QPSK)
* PSK63
* MT63
* Feldhell
More info: http://gmfsk.connect.fi/index.html

You can write your own review of the gMFSK 0.6 Gnome HF Digital program.

WB0FDJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A couple of months ago I dug out my Acer Aspire One which had been sitting gathering dust since I got my new MacBook Pro. Took it into the shack, got a nice monitor for it (old eyes, small screen)...and did two things. Installed Ubuntu Netbook and then went surfing for ham radio software. I've used several but gMFSK is my go-to digital app. It's got al the features you'll need to run just about any of the popular digital modes. This is an incredible application. Works with hamlib. You can catch the other guy's call and name with a quick right click and then use your macro's to conduct most of the QSO. Amazing.

AB1XG Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2006 16:43 Send this review to a friend
All But Perfect!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This IS the perfect soundcard digital mode program, bar none.

It works modes that I can't even find in use here in the U.S.

Plus, it works hand in hand with Xlog, a Linux logging program.

If you run Linux and you want to use the digital ham modes, this is what you need!

David, N1ZHE

KC0FNS Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2005 15:40 Send this review to a friend
good GNU/linux ham sound card digital  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I switched from Windows to GNU/linux a while back and this week had some time to play with my computer and ham radio at the same time. I had used Digipan and other sound card audio programs, and wanted something to communicate on HF digital modes. With gMFSK I hooked up my K2 to my sound card and was back in business. It copies well in the modes I used (rtty and psk), and is very easy to setup and use. The one thing missing, that I liked in some other programs was the ability to monitor multiple QSO's at the same time. It seems to work with the xlog QSO logging program as well.

73, Mark, KC0FNS