Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Hustler CGT-220 Collinear Trunk Lip Mount Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Hustler CGT-220 Collinear Trunk Lip Mount Antenna
Hustler CGT-220 Collinear Trunk Lip Mount Antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $55.50
Description: The Hustler CGT-220 is a 220 MHz collinear mobile antenna providing a big 5.2 dB gain with an optimum low-angle radiation pattern. This antenna can handle up to 200 watts. The SWR is 1:15:1 at resonance and the bandwidth is 4 MHz (@1.5:1 SWR). This antenna terminates to a trunk lip mount. This adjustable mount features a 180 swivel ball for vertical positioning. 17 feet of RG-58U coax cable terminating in a PL-259 is included. There is a convenient coax cable disconnect a few inches from the trunk lip mount (Motorola male to Motorola female).

This large antenna is 4.9 feet (1.5 m) high. 3.25 Lbs. Made in the USA.
More info: http://www.new-tronics.com/main/html/mobile_uhf___vhf.html

You can write your own review of the Hustler CGT-220 Collinear Trunk Lip Mount Antenna.

K6QT Rating: 0/5 Mar 8, 2011 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Another update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just wanted to be fair to myself and all of you, as well, and do another update. The antenna has ceased working in less than a year. The way the antenna was put together was very definitely the worst. After a few months it was impossible to tighten the screw which held the antenna up tight enough to keep the antenna erect. Also, the antenna stopped working - completely. My stock antenna on my HT worked better than plugging the HT into the amp and antenna now, so different from previously when it worked wonders. I suppose that the construction of the antenna lip mount may have had something to do with it not working. The trunk lid completely smashed the coax and probably prevented it from functioning. One alternative cure may be to putting the coax under the trunk instead of over it, as many other lip mounts work. Now I have to get a new one. Only question is, do I get the same one and replace it every 9 months? Or do I get a lower gain antenna that works better? Well, just wanted to give you the full fair picture.

WD8AQS Rating: 4/5 Oct 22, 2007 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy antenna that does the job on 220  Time owned: more than 12 months
The CGT-220 was my first vhf mobile antenna and I used with my Standard HT. Only had 220 privileges back then but had a lot of fun with it. Very few repeaters on 220 but my setup seemed to work just fine, even helped out while traveling through a bad snow storm in northern MI. I no longer have the 220 gear but still have the Hustler.