Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Mel Woody Screwdriver Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Mel Woody Screwdriver Antenna
Mel Woody Screwdriver Antenna Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $245.00
Description: Complete antenna system & mounting hardware.

You can write your own review of the Mel Woody Screwdriver Antenna.

VE7MAI Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2000 23:35 Send this review to a friend
Very user friendly!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi I'm Otto VE7MAI.
I have been using his antenna for three years. I love it. I know several friends witch also have one and every one is happy. Mel's service is also excellent. I can only recommend it.
73's Otto Kraeuter

KI7DO Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2000 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Makes Tunning a Joy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had used ham sticks on my motor home
for7 years before changing to Mel's screwdriver
antenna.Now I no longer have to climb the ladder
and change antennas.It tunes in seconds right
from the comfort of my seat.It can be put up
or taken down in 30 seconds.I know of no other
mobile antenna works as well and is so user
friendly.(rate this one with Bo Derick a 10)

KE7AC Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2000 15:21 Send this review to a friend
Easy to operate  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and operated the screwdriver antenna make by Mel Woody for the past 4 years. It is the best mobile antenna I have ever used. While driving for Mayflower Transit I used another automatic antenna but it wasn't half as good as Mel's product. With Mel's antenna you are able to tune while driving making the system fast and easy to use.

N1VU Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2000 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Worth twice the price!  Time owned: unknown months
Mel Woody, N7LYY, builds a wonderful screwdriver antenna system. This is my second. Foolishly, I sold the first one. Like other screwdrivers, it's a motorized coil with a quick-release top whip. The antenna coil quick-mounts onto a 3/4" brass plug, which is more than strong enough to handle the wind loading. What's nice is that you can knock down the whole system in 30 seconds, and no one really knows you have an antenna. I use a mini-disc player drawstring bag to cover the antenna mount. It will tune 10-80 without leaving your seat with the stock 48" whip. Great performance on 10-40 with the stock whip, and acceptable performance on 75-80. But, when you change to a 102" whip, 40-80 suddenly becomes base-station quality. Most people don't believe I'm mobile. Nothing but praise. Mel makes a couple of these a week. You get all needed parts, instructions and the workmanship is first-class.