Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | ProSisTel Rotators Help

Reviews Summary for ProSisTel Rotators
ProSisTel Rotators Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Sold in the USA by -- Vine Antennas ( are the UK / Ireland authorised retailer for these rotators

You can write your own review of the ProSisTel Rotators.

PD2GCM Rating: 0/5 Jan 6, 2009 02:59 Send this review to a friend
Never again !!  Time owned: more than 12 months

Bought what looked like a good quality rugged rotator.
However when using it for the first time the rotor/antenna was turning around 360 degrees (None Stop)
Due to this apparent manufacture fault the aircell cables got wrapped around the pole and broke.
Once the factory repaired the rotor it worked fine for two years - until last week that is - when again the same symptoms occurred - with the exception that this time the coax cables didn't break.
I have just bought a brand new Yaesu G-1000-DXC - hopefully this one works much better than the Big Boy Rotor which unfortunately I have very little faith in.

73s Gerard PD2GCM

EA3GOA Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2008 13:26 Send this review to a friend
PST 61-D  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a rotor PST 61-D from a year ago and has not given me any problem, it is very robust in my area and strong winds blowing hang a trouble-free antenna Optibeam OB16-5.
Rotor is a totally recommended.

AH6FC Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2008 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Remarkably Robust  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had this rotator in place for about 8 months, first with a 4 element SteppIR, 6 element 6 meter, and 15 element 2 meter yagi and now I've replaced the Steppir with an Optibeam 18-6...which is huge and heavy. This rotator turns all of this metal without pause, even in moderate winds (50 - 60 mph). I'm using the heavy duty version of the 61D. I had a couple of questions and Jay at Array Solution was right there to help. Good service. The rotator is about 500 feet from the shack and I have no problem controlling it with a medium grade rotator cable. The controller box is well built and rugged, just like the rotator. The instructions are well written and quite clear...which is not always the case with amateur products, particularly those from non-English speaking countries. Perhaps this is more rotator than one may need, but I don't think I'll be purchasing future rotators, regardless of the antenna system I may be using. Prior to purchasing this I explored the Orion and some others. I'm sure they are good products, but for big antennas is the way to go. It is an expensive unit but seems to be money well spent.
LX2A Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2007 04:00 Send this review to a friend
3 prosistel rotators @ LX7i  Time owned: more than 12 months
At the conteststation LX7I we are using 3 rotators from Prosistel 2 times the PST2051D and one time the havy duty PST61 DHP.
The location of the contest-station is on a hilltop and it is always very windy. We had some rotators from other companies like Yaesu and Hy-Gain but they never survived a long time.
Just before the CQWWSSB contest I had a little trouble with my PST61 due to some litning and the motor and Control unit needed to be replaced very fastly.
The support was realy great from Gianni IK7MWR and within 2 days I had a new control unit just in time for the contest.
I can only say that the rotator is great and even if you have a problem the support is also great.
cu on the bands
73s de Philippe LX2A / LX7I / LX9DX
NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2007 16:33 Send this review to a friend
Super rotor  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my PST2051D from Array Solutions.

Built in RS-232 port that works with all the logging programs, nothing extra to add. 500 deg of rotation. Been working great.
M1WML Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2007 05:30 Send this review to a friend
excelent and the best...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
i use the 2051 This rotator is the best i have ever turns a 3 element steppIR no trouble.. it,s a quaility piece of kit.. and yes i could of brought a yaesu for less money but i would rather go for quaility rarther than save a few pounds...
VK4TZL Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2007 02:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the smallest Bigboy for some years now, and it has performed very well, turning my small Mast. Recently, I have had some problems with the readout system. I contacted Gianni at Prosistel and explained my problem, and he was very helpful, and to cut a long story short, gave full product support, well outside of the warranty period. I am very happy with the support I have received, and the product in general...well above the norm, and an excellent piece of equipment !

GM6TVR Rating: 4/5 Dec 14, 2006 10:10 Send this review to a friend
Bad News  Time owned: more than 12 months
PST 2051 finally gave up the ghost during the early December 2006 gale force winds. Awarded 4 out of 5 because it was handling a 4ele SteppIR when disaster stuck. Back to the drawing board, Cheers, John
W5UDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2006 15:22 Send this review to a friend
King of rotors  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my PST61c for 4 years and its the best rotor out there. I have a LPDA on it and they like to rock back & forth in the wind, but this rotor keeps it just where I leave it. Been thru 1 hurricane (Rita) and the beam twisted at the boom/mast clamp but the rotor didn't move what so ever.

I wish they still had the C model controller. I don't really know why they changed it (sure like the direct entry keypad) but, I'll buy another one for the other tower going up this summer.
ON4IQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2005 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own the prosistel71 for over 2 years now. I experienced a failure almost 2 years ago and the rotator was replaced no questions asked and upgraded with chain coupling free of charge. Now last week I had another failure, called Gianni, and with 5 minutes we have come to a solution for the problem I experience at the moment. Its rare to find this kind of top customer service. I owned several Yaesu rotators in the past and nothing compares to the quality and the customer service of prosistel. ps: I got the rotator initially from VINE (GW3YDX) and find him to be of similar service!