Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Diamond GSV-3000 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond GSV-3000
Diamond GSV-3000 Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: Diamond GSV-3000 has 30A continuous rating at 100% duty cycle, the DC output range is adjustable from 1 to 15 Volt with a maximum of 3 mVpp ripple.
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_7_1.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond GSV-3000.

G3VIR Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Very nice linear PSU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After having one of those standard PSU's that you see under many different brand names which tend to go pop and fedup with repairs I decided to go for the Yaesu recommended one.
This is a very nicely finished unit. My only adverse comment is that the voltage control knob is very flimsy. Not too much of a problem as you set it to the click and leave it. I don't see why they bothered to put an automotive power plug on it. Does someone actually use it? Mine is the European version so says it is 25 Amp to CE Protocol. Not sure what happens if you try to draw more than that. Overall a nice looking unit and very functional.

EI4DQ Rating: 0/5 Dec 19, 2015 07:17 Send this review to a friend
rubbish  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
main rectifier keeps blowing, i have now replaced the rectifier about 5 times, 25amp? (NO WAY ) more like 15amps,Was using it on a ic7600 i would not buy another diamond power supply (its rubbish!)

TOM EI4DQ

DL1MEV Rating: 4/5 May 21, 2015 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Good value for money  Time owned: more than 12 months
For the price of about 100 the price-performance-ratio is o.k. Without a properly filled junk-box homebrewing a linear psu is much more expensive. The 34A -rating is just bogus in my humble opinion. 20A are more realistic considering the heatsink.

I have two of them one for the K3 and the other one for the IC-821. No problems occurred until now.

The quality of the components is adequate. Sure the voltage-setting-pot is a bit flimsy but it is not to be touched often. A Beckman- Helipot can not be expected.

The transformer and the fan are a bit noisy, so the rating is 4.

EA2DPO Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2014 04:20 Send this review to a friend
Great product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a GSV-3000 for about 5 years and works like the first day. It has been working without problems with a FT 707, FT 857 and TS 590 and various accessories, vhf/uhf and CB27(10m) transceivers.

Connect it and forget it !! Is a topic but is a truth.

For me is a very good PSU

73, Felix

G7ENQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 13:02 Send this review to a friend
An impressive PSU..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having looked at switched mode PSU's and read so many horror stories about audio and RF noise, I decided to stick with the good old-fashioned linear PSU. Having ordered it from Haydon Communications, they got it to me in Dublin, Ireland in 48 hours. So a good start.

In operation it is very quiet - the fan is barely noticeable and the 13.8V is rock steady. My only gripe is that the mains connector is for a European-type socket, rather than a British/Irish socket. Although a converter plug is supplied, it's only a five minute job to replace and fit the correct type.

I'm looking forward to many years service from this unit. Reading some of the negative reviews here makes me wonder did those guys buy a counterfeit. As I said in the heading - an impressive PSU.

RX3ANF Rating: 3/5 Feb 27, 2012 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Soft case  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very soft case. May be damaged during transportation.

VR2XXZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2011 08:03 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
The GSV-3000 is a great power supply for HF radio. I have it more than 1 year for use on my TS-2000 and IC-7000 , quiet and no rf hash.

F4FYJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2010 04:35 Send this review to a friend
Work fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
For one year I use the Diamond GSV-3000 Power Supplies for my Icom 7400.

Veru goodperformance, very quiet and smooth operation, no heat or noise . Highly recommended for the price!

IW0HJR Rating: 2/5 Jan 11, 2010 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Lower quality?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own a pair of linear power supplies Diamond GSV-3000 version of the European Union (CE).
The European model is limited in current to 25A and the feature is shown on the instruction sheet.
Looking at various photos found on the internet I noticed that the European version seems to take a transformer with an air gap differently.
When power supplies are subjected to even minimal current absorption emits buzzing and vibration due to the processor.
22 A continuous absorption with no operating anomalies.
The overall quality is average for these products even if they could do better.
The fact very annoying, however, is the emission of a strong shrill whistle from the area of the cooling fan whenever it stops after having fulfilled its function.
Yes, the fan makes sibilance when it is not running yet!
When the fan runs it's ok .... and did not receive any hiss.

I'd like to rate this product with a high grade.
But because of the vibrations present and the rather annoying hissing noise when the cooling fan is not working I have to resize my vote.
Two units both show the same characteristics of operation.

IZ0FYS Rating: 2/5 Jan 5, 2010 11:36 Send this review to a friend
bad !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the new model, made for Europeans.
I didn't know when I bought it that this type of new model is only 25 Ampere limited and not 34 as we can see on the pictures on the web.

The Current meter seems to read the average value and not the PeP....
with my rig at full power (100 watts) my gsv3000 only read about 15 Ampere...
when I go on Tx on SSB and without speaking, I can read about 5 ampere!!!! what?!?!?!?!
I am on SSB, not AM !! I shouldn't have any carrier !!!!

the fan makes sibilance when it is not running yet. when it runs it's ok....

only my gsv3000 failed ????