Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Diamond GSV-3000 Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond GSV-3000
Diamond GSV-3000 Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: Diamond GSV-3000 has 30A continuous rating at 100% duty cycle, the DC output range is adjustable from 1 to 15 Volt with a maximum of 3 mVpp ripple.
More info: http://www.diamond-ant.jp/ama2/eng_ama_2_7_1.asp

You can write your own review of the Diamond GSV-3000.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2008 01:05 Send this review to a friend
Just sits there doing it's thing.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought one last year to replace a very old 20 Amp. unit. Turn it on, set the voltage, forget it. I use it to simultaneously power the K2, the FRG-100 and various accessories; no more wallwarts, they ALL radiate at some frequency.

PA1HR Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2008 22:41 Send this review to a friend
Very good linear Power Supply  Time owned: more than 12 months

For a couple years I use two of the Diamond GSV-3000 linear Power Supplies for my 12 Volt transceivers.

Excellent performance, very quiet and smooth operation, no heat or noise what so ever. Highly recommended for the price!

9V1VV Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2008 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Good Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you need 50-60 amps at up to 15 VDC, connect two GSV-3000 in parallel.

You should use a 0.1 Ohm resistor in series with each +ve line and the other ends common and connected to the load.

This prevents one supply from grabbing all the load.

Resistors can be made by winding 30-35 feet of 14 awg copper wire on an air former, a bit like an HF coil.

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2007 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After considerable research I purchased the GSV-3000. It cost me about USD 190 (including all costs) to this country. This unit is the European CE-version which means that it is limited to 25A of current which is sufficient for my needs. Yes, it is heavy; about 9,5 kgs but it is worth it. In that respect I am referring to the problems I have read other hams have experienced with some switch-mode power supplies. Having now used it for about a month with an FT-840 transceiver, I can state that I am 100% pleased with the GSV-3000's performance. Rock steady voltage and the internal fan is wonderfully quiet. I never even notice that it has one. On the other hand, the FT-840 certainly has one... The supply also has 2 outlets for other use (up to 6 Ampers) which is a nice touch since one can connect accessories and even a 2 meter transceiver. I was not sure about the cigarette lighter socket that is also provided (up to 10 ampers), but since it is covered with a rubber cap when not used, it does not bother me... The metering provided for voltage and current are also a nice touch. And if you want to go below or beyond the usual 13.8 VDC, voltage can be varied from 5-15VDC. The built quality is excellent. I was pleased with what I saw when I looked inside (I have built many power supplies myslef). And the colour of the unit blends well with other equipment in my shack. The only thing I miss is that there are no lights behind the analogue meters, but I might add those myself in future. Also, Diamond might make the feet a little bit larger. All in all, I can recommend this quality power supply to all hams.

SQ6EMM Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2006 02:00 Send this review to a friend
Buy and forget;)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well, I bought this Power Supply to handle my TS-2000 and to be honest I've forgotten I have power supply;) Great device and even nice enough that my YL doesn't cry if it is on the desk not below the desk;)

DM1US Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2006 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Strong and quiet  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the GSV-3000 to replace a physically much smaller switching power supply. The switcher caused a lot of noise on 80 m and below. The Diamond GSV-3000 is technically just like the Yaesu FP-1030 A, only that the Yaesu has a steady 13.8 V while the Diamond can be adjusted between 1 and 15 Volts. Of course, it is quite big and heavy, it would be nice to have the DC outputs on the back or to have some illumination for the analog gauges, and yet, the power supply can't be beat: It is rugged, no interference on the low bands, there is very, very little transformer hum, the fan is quiet and efficient and hardly ever running. I got mine for an incredible 111 EUR.

Johannes
DM1US, N4SNW

VR2AX Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2006 18:21 Send this review to a friend
Long Term Reliability  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my GSV-3000 in Hong Kong the summer of 1996. It is the only external dc supply which I have at my Hong Kong qth and the only one that I need. It has seen several generations of radios come and go over that period ranging (in terms of dc current draw) from a FT-817 to a TS-480HX. Its performance has been flawlessly reliable and it behaves like an invisible unit. It even worked satisfactorily to power the 480HX to 200 watts pep output even though the 480HX draws 40A intermittent service (with both dc cords connected to the same terminals on the supply). It is very heavy indeed. It has also dwarfed some of the radios that it has powered in terms of size and weight. It is currently back in its box as I am currently using a IC-781 but I am confident that it will perform as expected whenever it comes back into active service.

OH5TK Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2006 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Great power supply  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought new GSV-3000 power supply.No RF hash or birdies.Automatic fan is good,no disturbing.Its similar like Yaesus own FP-1030.I using it whit FT-897D and it works fine.Its a well made "tank".