Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole Help

Reviews Summary for Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole
Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $92
Description: Heavy duty 12m (40 ft) telescopic fibreglass pole. Wall thickness up to 2mm. Telescopes to 1.18m for easy transport. Weight 3.3 kg (7 lbs).
More info: http://www.spiderbeam.net/

You can write your own review of the Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole.

VK3EGN Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2016 00:09 Send this review to a friend
Gret poles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these 12m poles.
As far as I know there is no comparable product.
Spiderbeam poles are the best.

NH7L Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2015 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Possibly the best pole out there  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned and used other collapsible fiberglass poles, and after owning one of these for a couple weeks, I think it's the best one out there in the 30- to 40-foot range. Here's why I say that. 1. Greater wall thickness than others I have tried, 1.4 to 2 mm. 2. Stronger and stiffer top section than others, 8 mm outside diameter. That's 1/3 of an inch, much thicker than the competition, which has skinny and bendy tips like the tip on a fly rod. It's heavier than some, about seven pounds. Heavy for a pole, but not heavy for a 40-foot, easily erected and very portable tower.

AE2K Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2013 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for the field  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the 12M version of the Spiderbeam to use in the field for end fed wire antennas, etc.

It is very easy to deploy and take down by yourself. I would recommend getting a few different size rubber bungee cords and anchoring the bottom section to a tree or another strong support while erecting the mast up to 40 feet high.

I did not get directions with mine and sent an e-mail and got an immediate reply on how to properly deploy the antenna. You pull out each section and twist to lock it in place. Tech support said to twist the upper sections in one direction and then twist the lower sections in the opposite direction for optimal support.

A this time, I am only using it on a temporary basis in the field.

I am pleased with the construction of the product and it is easy to transport in my car or carry in person.

G1EUZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2013 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent support for a 20m Delta Loop on the ZD8RAF dxpedition  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent product, at 1.2 meters long (collapsed) there were no issues with taking it on a flight as hold baggage. It provided a support for a 20m Delta Loop during the ZD8RAF activation. Self amalgamating tape makes a great alternative to the clamps for temporary use. Great pole for travel use and I would highly recommend.

F5VDM Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2012 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already have the 18m pole, but decided on the 12m for my 40m vertical. I am very impressed, both in quality and price.

This is FAR better than the 9m pole it replaces. I'd recommend spiderbeam for these poles if you have an antenna project requiring such a mast.

IZ4UFQ Rating: 4/5 Oct 20, 2011 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Quite a good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have installed this pole as a permanent installation, with the Spiderbeam clamps set. It is used for a vertical wire antenna, so there is only one wire running into the pole up to the top. I have fixed it to the wall with two big clamps on the first section of the pole, protecting the pole with some rubber where the clamps hold it.

I have not guyed it, and it withstood winds up to 40 Km/h (maybe something more). It bent up to 90 degrees but did not break. Customer care suggests to guy it for winds above 50 Km/h. They tested it at 120km/h with guying at 7 meters.

I took it down to add a security rope inside the pole, to keep it from falling down the roof if it breaks, and in doing it I have seen that the rubber in the Spiderbeam clamps has become brittle under the effect of the sunlight in the summer. Other than that, everything was fine.

I have had a long email conversation with Spiderbeam customer support about my concerns regarding strong winds, guying, brittle clamp rubber and the support guy was kind, very fast in answering, and really helpful. Great customer care!

I give it a 4 and not a 5 because I would have liked to have an even stronger pole, capable of withstanding even stronger winds without guying.

VK4TUX Rating: 3/5 Mar 5, 2011 03:47 Send this review to a friend
Like to see a HD version  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Have had two of these break on me in windy conditions at the 6th- 7th sections (from bottom).
I reinforced those areas when repaired to hopefully get a more reliable result with the third setup.

I would be happy to pay more for a heavier duty thicker fiberglass wall thickness.

vk4tux

N6JSC Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2009 13:19 Send this review to a friend
A super product!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered the 12m version from Rick at the U.S. distributor for Spiderbeam.( www.spiderbeam.us) The telescoping pole was shipped on the order date and arrived quickly and very well packaged. The pole is extremely well made and solid as a rock. The 12 nested segments can be easily and very quickly raised by one person. A very slight twist locks each segment into the next lower piece. I use a Par Electronics 10-20-40m "End-Fedz" dipole suspended from the 12m(40') pole. The dipole is 39' in length so this combination is perfect. I live in a 2 story townhouse in Tampa, Fl. I have the collapsed pole permanently affixed with wire ties to my 2nd floor balcony. At night I raise the pole and have a really effective vertical antenna. They also have an 18m version and a brand new 26m version.(85feet). I'm afraid my condo association might balk at an 85 foot antenna. Oh well, I can dream.

AC0DS Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 04:53 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I also use the SpiderBeam mast as a 43 ft wire vertical fed with a CG-3000 remote tuner. High quality construction, and I feel secure that it can stand up to any wind under 40 mph with the mast only secured at the 5 ft. level. I like the fact that it can easily be walked up and down fully extended if the base has something to rest and push against.

This is only true as a vertical. If you have a heavier antenna at the top of the mast you may need to extend the mast after it is vertical as well as provide guying. If you are looking for 40 feet with light antennas such as a vertical this is your best choice. With more substantial antennas, check out the MaxGain mast offerings.

SV1EEX Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Definately suggested for vertical antenna solution  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The moment you get your hands on this fiberglass pole you realise that the constructor company did a really good job. Took me only a while to put this baby up on my roof with a two level tier rope support. Put up a wire rounded up on it and tuned it with the CG-3000 coupler right away. Well, this solution tuned fine from 160-10m without any problems. One dx came after the other and it helped me work dxccs that I have never heard before from my area.
A definite must for anyone with limited space restrictions and a very good solution for the money compared to the 18m model (that I have also worked during the sx8f dxpedition that left the same excellent impressions) Works ufb either in portable or permanent qth.

On the contrary, keep away from the 10m MFJ pole unless you are operating at a place of total lack of wind. It is more expensive, has poor contruction quality compared to the Spiderbeam and mine broke within days...

73 to all.