Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole Help

Reviews Summary for Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole
Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $92
Description: Heavy duty 12m (40 ft) telescopic fibreglass pole. Wall thickness up to 2mm. Telescopes to 1.18m for easy transport. Weight 3.3 kg (7 lbs).
More info: http://www.spiderbeam.net/

You can write your own review of the Spiderbeam 12m Heavy Duty Telescopic Fibreglass Pole.

W9OY Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2006 14:55 Send this review to a friend
The basis for my 80M vert  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put one of these on top of about 20ft of aluminum and made a self supporting 80M vertical. The antenna is also close to resonant on 30 as a 5/8 wave vertical. It tunes easily with a tuner) and I also put a 40M element on it. It's a fantastic bargain for a multi-band vertical. The fiberglass makes the vertical so light that it can be raised and lowered by one man, yet it has the strength to withstand the wind no problem.

(see the details at http://w9oy.painloss.com/SSvert/SSvert.htm.) It's been up for close to 3 years in various iterations with no problem.

My buddy has 4 of these up for his 80M 4 square.

Conn at Spiderbeam has given us a winner!!

F5TIL Rating: 5/5 Oct 17, 2006 12:16 Send this review to a friend
very good product.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This fibreglass telescopic pole is perfect to realize all type of antennas ( vertical, dipole, delta loop ...etc ...)
I used this pole in portable opération (TK/F5TIL in eu-014,F5TIL/P in eu-032, field day contest ...) and i can say that he very solid !!
Thank you in Con DF4SA for this good product.

Best 73's.

Stefan, F5TIL

M3SKF Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2006 09:38 Send this review to a friend
POLE POSITION  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
PURCHASE THIS POLE FOR A /MM VERTICAL ANTENNA.THE SERVICE FROM THIS COMPANY IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD,2 DAYS DELV..FROM THEM TO ME IN THE UK & GOOD COMS VIA NET.THE POLE IS WELL MADE & DOES A GREAT JOB.

M0MRR Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2006 10:04 Send this review to a friend
40ft pole is a winner!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have owned this pole since ordering it new direct from Spiderbeam in Germany – it arrived well packed in only a few days after ordering it. It’s a bit heavier and bulkier than first thought – weighing in at over 3kgs and a collapsed length of 1.2 meters. Its definitely not a fishing pole – the top section is 8mm with a wall thickness of 1.2mm. This is a heavy duty fibreglass push up pole and at 40 feet is not a small height.

I have used this pole as a support for a vertical antenna matched by my SGC smarttuner and I am very impressed with the results. With a 40ft piece of vertical wire and a single long counterpoise (zig-zaged in small back garden) it tunes from 160m up. I have had brilliant reports on all bands, this pole certainly gives me a very stealthy vertical antenna that is easy to put up and take down. At night, with the pole being black in colour it is pretty well invisible. I have it fixed to the side of my shed with some rope to keep it in place, it does blow a bit when windy, but it’s very strong. In comparison to past experience with Hustler verticals, this set up is infinitely more flexible and easier to use.

For all you antenna tinkerers this 40 foot pole is a winner!

N3OX Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2006 06:25 Send this review to a friend
Great vertical for a small backyard  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This pole is very sturdily built and extremely easy to put up. It's a great way to get a tall HF vertical in a small (and treeless!) residential backyard. It's slim and light enough that guying only the bottom section seems to be quite sufficient to keep it upright for good-weather operation. I haven't left it up in any harsh weather because it's just so easy to drop it and stow it inside. It's good for neighbor relations, the antenna goes up at dusk and down early in the morning... no one has to look at it during the day! I'd recommend it thoroughly. Get the clamps for permanent installation, though. You don't want the thing crashing down into itself, and I've noticed that in the morning when the sun hits one side, it develops quite a curve as the hot side expands... that cycling day to day could certainly cause the friction fit to slip over time.

AC5ZO Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2006 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Good Results!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought two of these which I have had for about six months. They are superior to the other fiberglass poles that I have borrowed or owned. The top section is much larger (about 3/8") so it will support more load. I used them to hold the ends of a 40M dipole for FD this year and they worked fine. I strapped them to some low bushes with some motorcycle tie down straps. They kept the antenna up even with wind and weather. In the US you buy these from Wireman but you need to call rather than use their online ordering.

ZS1AN Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2006 00:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for Field Day and DXpeditions  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My wife gave me the telescopic pole as a birthday present a month before we relocated to Johannesburg and moved into a rented house. I installed the pole by knocking a 1.5m length of Aluminimum tubing half way into the ground, slipping the base of the pole over it, and guying with four 1mm monofilament guys at two levels (the top, and 4m from the bottom).

I use the mast to hold a 4-band quad loop (see my article in QST) made of 1mm enamelled copper wire. The loop circumference is 22m.

The pole is very sturdy, and hardly bends at all under the weight of the antenna. Even in wind, it only sways slightly. It is easy to put up and take down, and the short transport length (1.2m) makes it easy to take in a car or plane.

I use a 6m "roach pole" for mountain topping, and there is no comparison - the spiderbeam is in a different league, much stronger (and much longer). However it's a bit heavy to lug up mountains, so I'll keep th fishing pole for that. But it's perfect for Field Day, DXpeditions and any other temporary station where you need to be able to set up a decent HF antenna rapidly.