Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | ICOM SP-10 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM SP-10
ICOM SP-10 Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $70.00
Description: Compact case matching mobile speaker

You can write your own review of the ICOM SP-10.

KC2SRZ Rating: 4/5 Feb 19, 2010 10:00 Send this review to a friend
So far so good...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the SP-10 from Hamcity for $54.00 (that's their regular price btw). I bought this speaker to replace the Kenwood SP-50 mobile speaker that my Icom 208H blew out.

The speaker sounds pretty good, (no complaints there) and the size is just right for mobile mounting. The only reason I don't give it a 5/5 is because the speaker wire that's attached to the jack is so darn short. My mounting options were greatly limited due to the length of the speaker's wire.
The Kenwood SP-50 has a much longer cord and sounds better too. Unfortunately, my 208H was too powerful for that speaker.

So far the SP-10 is doing a fine job. Now reliability over time will be the true test.

K9MHZ Rating: 4/5 Jun 2, 2009 21:21 Send this review to a friend
Nice but pricey  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Nice speaker, and yes, it's way overpriced. Ah well...accessories always are.

Brad
K9MHZ

N9EMZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 25, 2008 01:21 Send this review to a friend
I was surprised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked one of these up in a box of trade parts. Note that it's the older model with the black voice coil....not the chrome one.

Nice midrange/high frequency response, high audibility with very low drive, and outperforms all but the best front-runner optional external speakers I've used before.

AC0DQ Rating: 4/5 Sep 5, 2007 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Nice sounding speaker  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I listened to one of these on a project I was working on for the Air Force and immediately went home and bought two of them. They are infinitely easier to listen to than either of my Kenwood speakers (SP23 and the mobile version). For the size, there isn't anything that can compete; however, they're WAAAAY overpriced. They'd be a 5 if the price was right.

N4OYO Rating: 1/5 Jan 16, 2006 06:11 Send this review to a friend
Way overpriced- poor sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was in need of a remote speaker for my IC-706 I was mounting under the seat in my truck and the SP-10 looked like just what I wanted, compact, looked like a quality speaker, and, from Icom, had to sound good.

Well, was I ever taken. The audio quailty was very poor, no highs, and an overly driven, distorted bass. At $70 Icom ought to be selling a quality suround-sound level speaker. You can dress up a 25 cent speaker but you still have a 25 cent speaker. It does make noise so I can't give it a 0.