Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 187 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.
More info: http://www.sarts1.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

WB4OMM Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2016 11:24 Send this review to a friend
Honest and Fast!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent an Icom IC-718 as there was no audio - a cable was "unplugged" - no idea how! Charged only 1/2 the rate and returned it - turnaround from ship to return was a week. Great integrity! THANK YOU!
Steve WB4OMM

K7DXT Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service...  Time owned: more than 12 months
As if Matt at Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) needed one more positive review...but here goes anyway.

I sent my IC-718 off on a Monday, and it arrived there Thursday afternoon. Matt called me on the follow Monday saying the rig was repaired, explained the work done, and they were putting it on the UPS truck that afternoon. The radio arrived on Friday that week.

Not only was the service lightning fast, the service fee was reasonable. How can you argue with that? It doesn't get better. They literally had the radio in their possession less than 72 hours, and that was only because of the weekend. It took one business day to repair my radio and get it back on the truck.

While I hope that I never need their services again, if I did, I would go not anywhere else. It makes me want to stay with Icom. By the way, it wasn't actually a problem with the radio, but a problem with the installation of the FL-52a filter. It was bought used and installed, and Matt said that Icom includes little insulation pieces that are needed for the filter legs.

Anyway...I'm happy. No hesitation to recommend Matt, and no reason to go elsewhere if you're an Icom owner.

NA9Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2016 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This was my first experience with SAR Technical. I had a small problem with my IC7600 that needed attention before the warranty expired in May. I sent it to Matt at SAR and hoped that the quoted 2 - 4 week turn around time would become reality and that I wouldn't be without it for longer than that. The radio was shipped FEDEX Ground on a Friday, arriving in St. Joseph the following Tuesday. Much to my surprise, the UPS man was on my front door step the very next Friday afternoon with my IC7600. I couldn't believe it, one week turn around including shipping time both ways. Repairs were completed and the radio was shipped back in less than two days after arrival at SAR. What more could one want in a repair service. Matt gets my vote! Highly recommended.

NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2016 20:40 Send this review to a friend
No one else for Icom Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my IC-706 back from repair. Excellent service and a great repair job. If you have an Icom that is in need of service there is no reason to send it anywhere but here. This is the second time I have used them and they do not disappoint.

WD4AOG Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2016 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Great experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll add a thumbs up for Matt at SAR Technical Services. Courteous, professional, prompt and reasonably-priced. My 706MKIIG works like new. I would certainly recommend him and I'd use him again without question.

KY2K Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2015 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Superb Service!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Read the reviews and make up your mind. Matt Adrian at Service Center Michigan is the BEST! My Icom IC-746PRO was low on output power on all bands. Matt gave me an estimate on the phone. Sent him the radio. His phone estimate was spot on. He even fixed the backlight problem which can crop up on these radios. Fast service. Fair price. Courteous. What more could you ask for? Trust Matt with your radio repair and you will be as happy as I am. Thank you, Matt!!!

W2XAD Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Fixed mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was referred to Mat to fix a standard brand radio.
Since I had 2 of them I sent it to Matt to get some capacitors replaced. When I got the radios back I found out for the price,$70.00 he also re aligned the radios for the total price.
READ ALL OF THE REVIEWS I consider him as one of the best repairman of radios!

KA1KLO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2015 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Professionalism  Time owned: more than 12 months
Matt's A pleasure to do business with. Received my 7000 back Much Much Better Than New.

NE8SC Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2015 11:31 Send this review to a friend
What can I say that hasn't already been said!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my first review on eham.net so I'm glad it is a positive one. I had been having issues off and on with my IC-2720H for several years. It was an intermittent problem that I just attributed to location. If finally came to a head when it became more regular. I had a local ham look at it but it was more than he wanted to tackle at the time. I was up for using that as an opportunity to get a new radio but didn't really find anything that fit like my 2720 that I am use to so I boxed it up and sent it off to Matt. He received it on a Monday and by Friday I hadn't heard anything so I was curious where it was in the queue. I sent an email and a short time later received a call from him with an estimate for the repair. I gave him the thumbs up to repair the radio and I received today, a week and a day after he received. It is back in my car and operating wonderfully. I know where I will be sending my other ICOM equipment should I ever have any issues with them. Thanks a bunch Matt

K4PDM Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2015 03:46 Send this review to a friend
None better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Matt repaired my IC-2730A under warranty the day after he received it, and shipped it back the same day.

He was very responsive to my warranty questions and obviously, very quick with the repair and shipping.

We are very fortunate to have SAR Technical Services doing ICOM warranty repair.

By the way, did you know that the one-year ICOM warranty is transferable to the second owner? A big plus for ICOM.

Matt Adrian will fix your radio quickly and correctly, and you'll get it back soon, too.