Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) Help

Reviews Summary for Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.)
Reviews: 190 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Icom-authorized service center for Amateur, Avionics and Marine radios. Also services some "Standard" Amateur Radio models. Located in St. Joseph, Michigan.

You can write your own review of the Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.).

W8SPM Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2016 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a update to a prior review I made on SARS-Icom Service Center Michigan- I have been a ham for most of my life and have used Icom equipment for many years! About 10 years ago I sent a Older Icom Radio to Matt Adrian at SARS ! He spent quite a bit of time on the phone talking to me about what was wrong and what it took to fix it ! I had never in my Ham life had someone take the time to actually talk to me about my concerns! Since that time every Icom radio I have that needed service I have sent to Matt and the experience was exactly the same as before! Matt will talk to you about your concerns and not cut you off as most people do ! I have emailed Matt several times and he always responds to my emails! I would advise anyone needing service to take the time to try SARS in Michigan ? You will not be disappointed ! Sam Maze W8SPM Parkersburg,WV
K2WH Rating: 1/5 Oct 9, 2016 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Not Fabulous Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago, I sent my 756pro to Michigan, (I don't recall who worked on it), but it had a receive audio problem in which upon turning the rig on, the receive audio was very low even with the volume all the way up. Strangely after about 1/2 hour, the volume level was normal.
So, after 1 month in their possession, and after numerous parts replacement (mostly capacitors), the rig was returned with slightly better audio but with the Monitor function not working at all. It was working prior to shipping it to ICOM service center. I would sent it back to them again, but am hesitant since they were unable to fix the original problem and made it worse with a new problem.
WA9MNF Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2016 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called Matt a couple of weeks ago and asked if I could drop off the Icom hf rig since I would be driving near his location. He agreed and I dropped it off and explained the problem. less than a week later he called and said it was ready. The turnaround time was very short and he went the extra mile and repaired another defective part. The repair charge was really reasonable and it works great. He has worked on the rig before on unrelated problems and has never disappointed me.

I sure hope he stays in the repair business for a long time to come.

W3DIY Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2016 04:54 Send this review to a friend
PW1 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sold my PW1 spare amp. But while air testing prior to boxing, a puff of smoke leaked out. Cancelled the sale and shipped to Matt. The combiner board and 2 PAs were toast. No fault of Matt the combiner was out of stock. It took several months until ICOM's next production run. Found another buyer, included Matt's test report with confidence that the PW1 would function as it should. It did, the end result, a happy Ham.
KC8NDA Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2016 17:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Dropped off my trusty Icom 706 MK IIG that had quit working to Matt, he had it repaired in a week, working like new! Great service and price. Highly recommend him to anyone looking for Icom repair service. A very good repair experience all around!
WB4OMM Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2016 11:24 Send this review to a friend
Honest and Fast!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent an Icom IC-718 as there was no audio - a cable was "unplugged" - no idea how! Charged only 1/2 the rate and returned it - turnaround from ship to return was a week. Great integrity! THANK YOU!
Steve WB4OMM
K7DXT Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service...  Time owned: more than 12 months
As if Matt at Icom Service Center Michigan (SAR Technical Services, Inc.) needed one more positive review...but here goes anyway.

I sent my IC-718 off on a Monday, and it arrived there Thursday afternoon. Matt called me on the follow Monday saying the rig was repaired, explained the work done, and they were putting it on the UPS truck that afternoon. The radio arrived on Friday that week.

Not only was the service lightning fast, the service fee was reasonable. How can you argue with that? It doesn't get better. They literally had the radio in their possession less than 72 hours, and that was only because of the weekend. It took one business day to repair my radio and get it back on the truck.

While I hope that I never need their services again, if I did, I would go not anywhere else. It makes me want to stay with Icom. By the way, it wasn't actually a problem with the radio, but a problem with the installation of the FL-52a filter. It was bought used and installed, and Matt said that Icom includes little insulation pieces that are needed for the filter legs.

Anyway...I'm happy. No hesitation to recommend Matt, and no reason to go elsewhere if you're an Icom owner.
NA9Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2016 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This was my first experience with SAR Technical. I had a small problem with my IC7600 that needed attention before the warranty expired in May. I sent it to Matt at SAR and hoped that the quoted 2 - 4 week turn around time would become reality and that I wouldn't be without it for longer than that. The radio was shipped FEDEX Ground on a Friday, arriving in St. Joseph the following Tuesday. Much to my surprise, the UPS man was on my front door step the very next Friday afternoon with my IC7600. I couldn't believe it, one week turn around including shipping time both ways. Repairs were completed and the radio was shipped back in less than two days after arrival at SAR. What more could one want in a repair service. Matt gets my vote! Highly recommended.
NA5XX Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2016 20:40 Send this review to a friend
No one else for Icom Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my IC-706 back from repair. Excellent service and a great repair job. If you have an Icom that is in need of service there is no reason to send it anywhere but here. This is the second time I have used them and they do not disappoint.
WD4AOG Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2016 16:02 Send this review to a friend
Great experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll add a thumbs up for Matt at SAR Technical Services. Courteous, professional, prompt and reasonably-priced. My 706MKIIG works like new. I would certainly recommend him and I'd use him again without question.